Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Hi.. It is my first post, I've read some warhammer and warhammer 40k books and now after reading and viewing this posts and gameworshop place i would like an opinion... well Me and my girlfriend want to build two armies so we can fight each-other so my question is this... which two you would choose for begginers and not that hard to play... (I dislike chaos and beastman)
so I would like to know which two you would recommend?
Thank you a lot =)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey there,

Warhammer is real excellent hobby, glad you found it.. I myself have just come into it full time, like most of the members here but have been flirting with it for two years..

My advice for you would be to probably buy the starter sets in either fantasy or 40k as you will get a rule book, dice, figures of two armies and some templates.. with this you will be able to have a good bash..and its not a serious outlay..

And if you continue to enjoy you could then expand out and get other armies.. and kick on.

My girlfriend and i just run my imperial guards againist eachother in squads.. real small but its fun for us..

Have fun, i hope i helped..:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
The two easiest teams to start with would have to be dwarfs or lizardmen. Though I believe the choice is up to you guys. Just choose the team that you like best though I would recomend staying away from skaven and the undead (hard to use for beginners).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's funny.. The races I like more is the Vampire Counts and the Skaven lol =)
Dwarves I don't like.. probably I will start with the empire (my girlfriend fancies them) and the Elves. (which one I don't know) lol
Bretonnians are cool to paint I think.. They remind me of the medieval era with all colours and banners..
Why do you say the undead (I believe you are refering to Vampire Count and the Tomb Kings) and skaven are the hardest?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The undead and skaven can be very punishing to new players while other easier teams to use will forgive your mistakes on the battle field. But if you really like skaven and undead go for it mate, just remember that you may struggle for the first couple of games till you realise the full potential of your army

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will go skaven and the other army.. probably not the undead.. my girlfriend is more into high elves or empire..
I use this thread to ask.. anyone knows a good website where it helps you paint your troops? I mean.. tips and ways to paint. (not included the gamesworshop website)
If you so can you tell me please?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.