Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i need some help creating a 2000pt tournament list. I play drop pod, dreadmought heavy marines. Now i am open to all suggestions but there are a few things that wont change...
1. everything will enter by deep strike/drop pod. (its a fluff thing)
2. I know lots of people will not like the TLLC tank hunter dreads deep striking, but these are meant to kill all armour with one shot.

so, without further ado.. heres the list

2000pt IRON BLADES tournament list

Trait advantages
1. Take the fight to them
2. Heed the wisdom of the ancients

Trait drawbacks
1. Eye to eye
2. We stand alone

HQ
Master of sanctity: Pair of lightning claws, terminator armour, bionics = 160pts
8 Man Terminator command squad: 2 Assault cannons = 360pts
HQ = 520pts

ELITES
Dreadnought: Venerable, extra armour, Twin-linked lascannnon, DCCW, drop pod, tank hunters = 190pts
Dreadnought: Venerable, extra armour, Twin-linked lascannnon, DCCW, drop pod, tank hunters = 190pts
Dreadnought: Venerable, extra armour, Multi-melta, DCCW, drop pod = 170pts
ELITES = 550pts

TROOPS
(10) Tactical squad: Sgt w/ terminator honours, power fist, bolt pistol, teleport homer. 8 marines w/ bolt pistol/ccw, 1 marine w/ meltagun. Drop pod = 225pts
(10) Tactical squad: Sgt w/ terminator honours, power fist, bolt pistol, teleport homer. 8 marines w/ bolt pistol/ccw, 1 marine w/ meltagun. Drop pod = 225pts
TROOPS = 450pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Dreadnought: venerable, extra armour, Assault cannon, DCCW, drop pod = 160pts
HEAVY SUPPORT = 480pts

ARMY TOTAL = 2000pts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Looks ok to me, aside fromt he fact that the tank hunters are drop-podding. I wouldn't bother with Tank hunters or assault cannons at all if they're being drop-podded, assault cannons in range will do more damage than the lascannons. Oh, and that multi-melta has to go, an assault cannon is better in every way, except that it's cheaper.

Also, drop 4 Termies form the command squad and throw them a drop pod, much safer.

Finally, I would have a LIbrarian with fear of the darkness instead of the chaplain, this will cripple hoard armies like they wouldn't believe.

Here's how I would format your list:

2000pt IRON BLADES tournament list

Trait advantages
1. Take the fight to them
2. Heed the wisdom of the ancients

Trait drawbacks
1. Eye to eye
2. We stand alone

HQ
Codicier, Terminator armour, fear of the darkness, storm bolter, 135 pts
4 man Terminator command squad, 2x Assault cannons, drop pod, 230 pts

Dreadnought: Venerable, extra armour, drop pod, = 160pts

TROOPS
Tactical squad x10, Veteran sergeant w/ powerfist, meltagun, BP and CCWs, drop pod, 220 pts
Tactical squad x10, Veteran sergeant w/ powerfist, meltagun, BP and CCWs, drop pod, 220 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Dreadnought: venerable, extra armour, drop pod = 160pts

ARMY TOTAL = 1765 pts

So you've got 235 pts left. If you drop the Librarian's storm bolter, its 240, enough for a 5 man Terminator squad with 2 Assault cannons, or, even better, 3 Land Speeder Tornados, which puts you at 11 Assault cannons. That will kill anything. With 18 S10 close combat attacks following it up, you should be fine.

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the librarian is very tempting, but the only one i have has a jump pack because the terminator ones looks absoloutly terrible.

3 LST would be very nice but unfortunetly i dont have that kind of money... (doesnt really fit the fluff) :(

i was thinking very hard of dropping those termies for another tac squad, but dont know if that will happen.

But here is option B..... dont deep strike any dread and make em all TLLC/ML combo! although i would have to have one of them w/o a ML as the missile launcher must be modelled (the dread is metal)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
gen.nehring said:
But here is option B..... dont deep strike any dread and make em all TLLC/ML combo! although i would have to have one of them w/o a ML as the missile launcher must be modelled (the dread is metal)
I would definetly do that. Twelve AP3 and under weapons out ont he first turn is very good.

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have used it before... against necrons it was quite devastating. Only reason why i am hestitant is because its kinda unfluffy as my troops have bolt pistols and ccw... in a static set-up

but another bonus of this is that the tables are small... prolly 4 x 4

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Well, if you want to be good, mass infantry inside of drop pods is nearly unbeatable, and with cleanse and purify, you dont need to worry about tanks, 2x melta guns per squad is extreamily nice, and far better at killing thanks then a dreadnought.

The problem is, your force will arrive in sections, dreadnought are no where near as durable as 8 to 10 space marines.

If you had 6, 10 man, 2x melta gun infantry squads arriving via drop pod, not even horde armies could rivial you, assuming your backed that up with enough LSTs.

Also, drop pods work far better with something starting on the ground.

LST, assault squads, and slightly less fluffy dev squads are all excellent choices.

LST and Assault squad, are capable of deep strike, and they did, its just they deep striked as a scouting party, while the main infantry core of the army is waiting, ect ect. It all makes sence if fluff. Marines never go all out drop pods, they always have something on the ground to tell the exact location to drop pod ect. Good luck

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hmm...

HQ
Commander, power weapon, bolt pistol, 81 pts
Command squad x9, meltagun, veteran sergeant w/ powerfist, drop pod, 205 pts

TROOPS
Tactical squad x10, meltagun, veteran sergeant w/ powerfist, drop pod, 220 pts

FAST ATTACK
Land Speeder Tornado, Assault cannon, 80 pts

ARMY TOTAL: 1846 pts

The army would be deployed via deep-strike in groups of 2 tactical squads and a LST, and the command squad wherever fighting's the fiercest. Turn 2, Bam! 30 marines deep-striking, Turn 3, Bam! 20 or so more marines, and the marines from the previous turn charge w/ 3 hidden powerfist, Turn 4, Bam! 20 more marines. Actually, if all the marines were kept in a concentrated area, there would be almost nothing to stop them. The 55 bolters alone are more than enough for hoardes, and the Assault cannons and meltaguns can easily take out armour.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts