Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know or will find out, I play a Black Templar army. Now normally I dont look to get much advice on them but this is a time were i want "Your" oppinion. The Leader of my armys Name is Akratil MaliKhan and he was a Emporers champion (now i have good fluff to support it so no critisism LOL)

Anyways back to the question in hand. I want my Chaplain to be the nastiest Mother #%#@$ I can make him. Points dont matter. Tell me what i should do to make him nasty.

Sofar I know I want him to have Terminator Armor! What else should I do? what should I equip him with to make him Brutal

Or should I make Him a Force Commander with terminator armor? and then what would I equip him with?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I hear chaplains are really good for their point costs, and the crozius is also beats I hear. I don't have much experience playing space marines as I do other races, but term armour would be good.

That or put a jet pack on him, and have him lead an assault squad. maybe deck him out with a few upgrades, he really doesnt need too many as he is a good buy for the points.

·
Registered
190 Posts
you want real nasty? Dont give him Terminator armor. Playing BT's you should tool him up for HtH, which is where Chaplains own anyway...

buying Termi armor for a chaplain is kind of a waste... he already has a 4+ inv save so the crux terminatus save is wasted. If you really want the 2+ save just buy artificer armor.

Ok Real nasty this is what I give 'em. First Mastercraft the crozius, simply put evil. Give him artificer armor, terminator honours, frag grenades, a jump pack and a powerfist for good measure. this guy will have 6 attacks on the charge (with one re-roll if you miss) will mostlikley go first in hand to hand and has power weapon attacks. If he needs to thump something big he's got the powerfist. For more nasty-ness have him join an assault squad and lead them around the battle field. This tactic can cripple enemy strong points when used correctly.

just my 2 credits...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by evevrythingstatic@Oct 7 2003, 10:16
you want real nasty? Dont give him Terminator armor. Playing BT's you should tool him up for HtH, which is where Chaplains own anyway...

buying Termi armor for a chaplain is kind of a waste... he already has a 4+ inv save so the crux terminatus save is wasted. If you really want the 2+ save just buy artificer armor.

Ok Real nasty this is what I give 'em. First Mastercraft the crozius, simply put evil. Give him artificer armor, terminator honours, frag grenades, a jump pack and a powerfist for good measure. this guy will have 6 attacks on the charge (with one re-roll if you miss) will mostlikley go first in hand to hand and has power weapon attacks. If he needs to thump something big he's got the powerfist. For more nasty-ness have him join an assault squad and lead them around the battle field. This tactic can cripple enemy strong points when used correctly.

just my 2 credits...
Now thats what im talking about! how many points would that be though? and should I have him lead aTerminator Assult Squad to make it really nasty?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well, I concur with everythingstatic, that would be best if you gave him artificer armour, and a jump pack, master craft crozius, and let the good times roll. If you gave him term armour, even though he's a badass w/ tactical dreadnought armour, he's a footslogger. So to remedy that, you would need a Land Raider (Or Crusader Variant since I know you love them so much) to carry them around, which for that altogether would be near 500 points (approximate guess, I don't play Space marines.)

But it's all up to you and what you prefer.

·
994 Posts
i think what everythingstatic says but give him terminator armour and get him leading a terminator assault squad in a land raider crusader.

im not sure how many terminators the crusader can hold so this might not be allowed

·
Registered
190 Posts
Aparrently you really want to put your Chaplain in Termi armor. If that's what you want cool, have fun (that's really what this game is all about :D )

But I want to point out that buying Terminator armor for a chaplain is a waste of points. You'de have to be insane to take the Termi armor's 5+ inv Crux Terminatus save over a Chalains 4+ inv Rosarius save, which they get for free! (Not to mention the fact you don't get to perform sweeping advances) The Chaplain I mentioned earlier is capable of dealing with almost any threat. It works so well my Buddy who plays BT's has adopted this tactic as his own.

(Oh and Lightning Claws are cool! I play a Ravenguard force so I absolutly love 'em! but remeber the Crozius is free...)

I know you said points don't matter but it's hard for me to think like that... just buying the most expensive stuff doesn't always make the most efficient character.

The Crusader Idea? a scary prospect but I have seen it go up in flames. I have witnessed at least twice now, the anhilliation of a Crusader and all of its Terminator cargo with a well placed ordinance shot. I've seen 700+ points vaporized in a single shooting turn... now that hurts!

In the end remeber it's your army, your game... do what makes ya happy. I'm just making suggestions to help ya out!

Play Nice!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would go for Art. Armor (so you can still sweeping adv.) Thunder Hammer (+5 more than a PF but wounded heros don't get to hit back :0 )

Give him Term. Honors, Frags, Bionics, and a Jump Pack. Maybe MC his TH

This gives you:

5 or 6 S4 hits @ WS:5 I:5

or

5 or 6 S8 hits @ WS:5 I:1
(and Auto crew shaken is nice)

comes to 166 points. .......way cheap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A chaplain with Mastercraft the crozius, artificer armor, terminator honors, frag grenades, a jump pack and a powerfist = 166 points, with 29 points left on character for whatever else you want on him. Yeah that’s pretty damn bad ass, and not a bad cost. That’s what I would recommend… being a blood angels player I need my chaplain to be damn good, or in screwed. So yeah evevrythingstatic has the right idea.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thnx guys, greatly apreciate it! ill take all your advice into consideration, and thnx lord for doing that for me, saves me the headache.

now the final question is.... do you think people would have a problem if i equiped him with a lightning claw (just for looks) but still used all the stats for the powerfist?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Originally posted by Blood God@Oct 8 2003, 08:11
now the final question is.... do you think people would have a problem if i equiped him with a lightning claw (just for looks) but still used all the stats for the powerfist?
if it were me i would let you and if someone doesn’t let you just tell them to go [email protected] themselves, or you could play it as a power claw if you have to. but i think most people will let you play it as a power fist.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.