Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. The local GW is running a small tourney tomorrow and I am having problems deciding what to bring. The rules are normal except for one detail. You may only have 1 HQ choice and it cant be more than 150pts.. With this being the only rule besides the normal ones, it is still posing issues especially since it effectively limits my choices to one(the Hive Tyrant). Yes a basic broodlord and retinue can squeek under the 150point limit, but that means 4+ and 5+ saves, not really cutting it in my book.

Here is a prototype list for a "Swarm" type army, I have made a version two as well but the only change is the Hive Tyrant which I will post at the end.

HQ
1-Hive Tyrant: Scything Talonsx2, Toxic Miasma, BioPlasma, and extended Carapace=150pts

Troops
12-Spinegaunts: Spinefists=60points
21-Fleshgaunts: Fleshborers=126points
20-Hormagaunts=200points
12-Genestealers: Extended carapace=240points
11-Genestealers: Extended Carapace=220points

Total=996points

Version 2

HQ
1-Hive Tyrant:Wings, Rending Claws, Venom Cannon=149points

Now the major concern is two things. The first being my anti tank weaponry is EXTREMEly light. I can hope for some rending from my stealers, but other than that my HT is the only anti tank I have. Secondly is that my HT is my ONLY source of Synapse. If she goes down, everything but the stealers follows.

I need some quick advice on what i can use. also here is aquick list of what I have available

1-Hive Tyrant
1-Broodlord
11-Warriors
33-Gaunts
20-Hormagaunts
30-Genestealers
5-Raveners
1-Lictor
3-carnifexes
2-Biovores

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.