Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm a noob to warhammer and im choosing between chaos and skaven but thats not the topic so heres my exalted. He's meant for 1,500 pt games he will be leading a unit of 8knights and challenging enemy heroes.

Valdir the Slaughterer,Exalted of khorne 235 points
enchanted shield

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
If he's going to be in a unit of knights, just put him on a basic steed. That leaves him with a 0+ save as well as stopping your opponent picking him out with shooting (since the juggernaut has a bigger base).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I woud strongly suggest giving him gaze of the gods (or, like rork said, taking him off the juggernaut) else he can be picked by magic and shooting. By the way, great weapons aren't so bad either and the rending blade can potentially turn into a waste of points in 1500 pt games (when I use it, it's usually on little biggies like kroxigors hunting duty)

Just my two cents
Germy
Let the rivers of blood flow. WAAAAGHHHHHH

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You sure rending blade isnt a good idea?It looks pretty good causing D3 wounds I was gonna use it for killing enemie charecters but if i give him gaze of gods that means so good magic wepons:( and for some reason a great wepon doesent really apeal to me but i might change his steed to a barded chaos steed do you think i should maybey change his rending blade with axxe of khorne?well heres two morfe configureations that i thought of.Or is the first one I posted best?(i mean the one i started thread with)

Valdir the slaughterer, exalted of khorne
barded chaos steed
great wepon
mark of khorne
gaze of the gods

Valdir the slaughterer,eaxalted of khorne
mark of khorne
axe of khorne
barded chaos steed
enchanted shield

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
If you have any of the army books (or if you can borrow them) for other armies you could always physically sit down and "play test" your character with different combinations of enemy characters. It would take a bit of time but you would find out quicker which combination of weapon best suits you.

Plus work out how many archers/war machines actually need to hit you (on average) before you die, you might find you don't need gaze of the gods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.