Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i've decided that my gold and silver eldar, while rather easy to paint are boring... i am currently looking to change it up my idea is sort of a blue purple sort of swirl space kinda thing... so under coated black and then these colors sort of flowing around and through them so to speak... and i was just wondering how to achieve this effect... thank you

·
464 Posts
It sounds like a bit of work. Could you expand by maybe giving an example in picture form? I have seen some interesting effects by stippling, but I am not too sure I understand what it is that you want.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah there was a falcon or wave serpent that had like galaxies and stuff paint along the top... it was in the weekly up dates but has since been taken down... but i want them to look like that but i am no where near as good so i figured i would work my way up that so like constillations and stuff but not as crazy detailed as that ship was.

·
Anemone's jelly jar
176 Posts
I might know what you are talking about, it was a galaxy painted falcon with colors composed of mostly different shades of purple, the most predominant was 'clouds' of a light purple, then the tank was covered with many stars to finish off the galaxy bit. I remember it was absolutely gorgeous, and I saw it was part of an army painted that way, from a member of Advanced Tau Tactica, as that is where I first saw it. I think it might have been done by Jutami or P'Shar's Rifles, frequent members of the forum. You might want to PM Eiglepulper, as I am pretty sure he is a big shot over at ATT and a great poster there, he might know better.

Other than that, to paint it? You would need to do extensive blending of multiple purples for sure, to achieve different lighting from the space 'clouds'. It would definately be difficult to paint, but the result would be amazing.

Good luck!

·
141 Posts
... nice! I like that.

Well, this is how I'd go about it:
1. Plan. Take photos of the tank from different angles (maybe after you'd undercoated it black) and import those into your favourite paint program on the PC and sketch a rough design - showing the style and size and proportions of the design - that's the important thing in my mind (it's easy for a design to 'grow' when being painted otherwise).
2. Sketch the design onto the tank using a soft pencil (soft rather than hard to avoid damaging the undercoat).
3. Paint up from dark shades to light shades using ever-so-thin layers of paint until the final layer is pure white - using the pencil guides.
4. Do all the other details like the gems and such.

I really must give this a shot one day - eldar tanks are so cool!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.