Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted here and now after playing a little, i realize i need some more tips from experts like you.

I am 0/7....

My army is a Shas'o Fireknife, 4 stealth suits, 12 and 12 firewarriors with devil fish, and 1 hammerhead.

My main opponent is a nid user who loves genestealers, LOVES. 2 full broods, and a broodlord and brood. Fully decked carnifex, 2 zonathropes, and 2 biovores.

My friends are very loose on the rules which annoys me to no ends, aka, no terrain AT ALL.

Any tips?

I'm thinking of going for more crises suits for heavier firepower, because more shots doesnt mean jack.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
You have a pretty decent 750pt list there. So I don't think the list is the problem. I'd be checking your opponent's list, to make sure they're not cheating. It looks like you're fighting more than 750pts of nids.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yeah, there's no way that's 750 points. The Genesteelers, and the Broodlord+brood alona are 750 points maybe. And a geeked out carnifex is like ~250 points. Definatly check there list, check the codex, and calculate yourself.

Tau + Nids - Terain = big dead pile of bugs

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Soviet_Tau_Commander said:
Tau + Nids - Terain = big dead pile of bugs
Yet hes losing!

I say play with terrain, demand it even. Or say you've redone your list with 800-850 worth of modelsw, after let him know and also let him know that next timeyou'll be bringing some terrain.

Course, first find out if his list is legit!

(The above plan is not to be used unless you and your gaming buddy are good friends! or hes got a good sense of humor!)

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your friend must be cheating.

You have just got 750 points and your friend by just having a look at his army he must have about 1250 points at least or even more.

And what about more shots don't mean jack? Fire Warriors kill Gaunts instantly and Hammerheads Railgun Sub kills genestealers and some of the other critters instantly also.

Get into a fair match and watch those Nids fall.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well actually its 1000, I think...But i'm iffy on his points too, seems waaay too much. He did give his 2000 pointer to me though, which is scaring the hell outta me, i'll post it soon.

Oh and they refuse to play terrain, no idea why :sleep:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, this is what he said is his 2k

1-deathbeatle
1-eletefex
2 broods of 12 stealers w/toxin sacs
2 broods of 7 steaers w/Talons and Carapace
2 Broodlords w/ Acid maw,Sace and Carapace
3 Zoans w/ Warp blast and synapse
3 Biovores w/ bio-acid
3 lictors

I think he's full of crap to be honest, but he states he's telling the truth, i'm not sure if I can believe him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
He most likley plays no terrain because he can use fleet of claw to run his Nids in a straight line and theres nothing to stop him.

And that army list is 2000 points or more and it looks scary.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Thorn14 said:
Well actually its 1000
I had a feeling about this, which is why I jumped on the points limit straight away. It is your list that's letting you down. Drop all those unnecessary upgrades, stick to the bare bones. You could fit in another railhead and a unit of kroot for 250pts (kroot are useful for pushing back the broodlord).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont believe i have unecessary upgrades, I might drop my Devil Fish as they blow up WAAAAY too easy and kill my FW in nothing flat. But that ruins their mobility, but seeing how i play on planet bowling ball, whats the point.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ya can't have 2 Broodlords in 1 army ;) lol
You should be able to destroy him................

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Shas'O - plasma, missile, multi 110
4 Stealth 120
12 Fire warriors in Devilfish - decoys, multi, array 220
12 Fire warriors 120
Hammerhead - railgun, smart missiles, decoys, multi, lock 180

That's 750pts. The only upgrade that is good that is missing is a shas'ui for the static fire warrior squad. As you can turn that into 1000pts, you have unnecessary upgrades.

Shas'O - plasma, missile, multi 110
4 Stealth 120
4 Stealth 120
12 Fire warriors in Devilfish - decoys, multi, array 220
10 Kroot 70

That's 1000pts, and is an extremely tough to defeat army. If you play this against 1000pts nids, you won't lose, as long as you keep your stealths alive, and use the kroot to push back the broodlord.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also I think he has WAAAAY too many heavy assualt, he's only allowed to have 3 right?

And I didnt put arrays on them or anything. But maybe i messed on my math, and i'm not a fan of kroot so maybe another HH would work.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
His heavy support units are fine, as zoanthropes and biovores come in a group. However he can only have one broodlord and he's got about double your points. That would be why your 0/7.

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
I just did up some quick calculations and it looks like the Genestealers alone (including Broodlords) comes up to nearly 1000 points based on my knowledge of tyranids which is crude.

The Heavy Support and Elites come up to nearly 500 points.

I can't even begin to guess whats on thetyrant and carnifex, but hes WAY over.

Corner him and make him write up a list infront of you, see what he tries to do.

I may be wrong with any info provide here which are not exact.

Mike

·
Shrubs for the Blood God
1,144 Posts
Playing on a flat board against fast nids is suicide. Your never gonna be able to shoot enough to take him down less you get real lucky, hes on top of you by what, turn 2? Refusing to play terrain is in my opinion a rather W#@&!$% tactic of him. Warhammer is supposed to be a fun game played between friends and it sounds like this guy is more interested in simply stomping you than he is in playing a fair game.

Do two things if you want to correct this problem:

1. Check his list, get him to write down exactly what he has and what his point costs are, then post the list in the Nids thread and get independent confirmation that his list is legit.

2. Insist on terrain, and a regulation board. If he refuses ask him why not? (There's no reason why he should be playing with all the advantages on his side, board conditions should be balanced between both sides)

·
Registered
293 Posts
by playing on planet bowling ball he's putting himself at risk from being slaughterd by a STATIC LIST!! hahahahaha...
they will go down to 3 railheads, 24FWs, 10-20 kroots and 6-9 stealths (infiltrate then run away while shooting)
add an ethereal and i make that 1200pts of plain 'lets act like IG and sit here'. it will work if there's no terrain.

in fact this is practically the only situation where Static Beats Mech! put this in the record books!

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey i dont play tau but i did almost start nids...bought the starter set when it came out. anyways his list is alot more than yours (you say yours is 1000). The best tactic i can think of would be to ask to borrow his codex for a week or so...uve played 7 times so you are probably mates. Anyway read up on the nids, theyre not too hard to understand and then you will be able to find out if he is playing with an illeagle list. the best way to ebat some1 is to know theyre army

1 - 20 of 36 Posts