Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got thoroughly bored of my badly painted ultramarines and have decided to strip them all down and start again. This time, I want a more aggresive paint scheme so I went for red and black with contrasting green parts.

However, I can't decide between these three:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

They are all very similar but would dramatically change the appearance of the army.
Other ideas:
Option 3 with green on the shoulder pad.

Please help me find a scheme.
Thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ye,
hmm..

In that case:
Option 1: Red gore(ish) with black trim, black kneecaps and black elbow (and black stripe on head)

Option 2: Same as above but with completely black head, shoulders and maybe other parts.

Option 3: Same as O1 but with green shoulder pads

All have green eyes and green and black bolters.

·
318 Posts
Maybe you've already decided, but I think a combo of options 1 and 2 would be the way to go. There are lots of black/red Marines with some pretty cool chapter names.

Check out this link for a little icon inspiration, perhaps: Space Marine Chapters

Keep in mind, you can make Marines with a little variety. So having one with a black stripe on the head, and another with a completely black helmet is cool.

I think I'd stay away from red/green to avoid Christmas Marine jokes.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I've painted a test mini and I decided to go with red with black trim (and on raised parts), metal exhausts on backpack and then the bolter in the company colour (in this case green due to 4th company). On the 1st company (and important people) the scheme is reversed. I have a few converted captains (from the vanguard models, only some cloaks etc.) with this tried out on and looks pretty cool. Also have painted a sternguard, a marine, a rhino and an attack bike.
Trying out Dettol now to see how good it strips then will buy even more, strip army and carry on from there. I may even start a WIP thread.

I'll try and get a pic of the scheme posted for comments but I'll need to borrow the camera of my friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts