Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

Last week I've twice battled the orcs and goblins for the first time in a long time. If was taken aghast by the arachnarok spider twice. Their insane amount of toughness and wounds makes it near impossible to kill while shooting and 16(!) poisoned attacks + stomp in close combat make it eat my state troops by the dozen.

My normal sollution for demon princes, etc, does not really apply as the bitch has 8 wounds and therefore needs on average 3 hits with a cannonball to dispose off. It's toughness of 6 (!) makes shooting with rifles and hand guns a worthless exercise, so I'm really at loss how to counter the thing. Any experience from your part?

Stank does fairly okay, but in that case I'm fighting a monster with a monster.

Vince

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've gone against it a few times, my primary opponent begin O&G. Depending on the list(and mine) i either cannon/magic it to death and/or follow it up with a rune fang. All you need to do is hit and you can get 3 instant wounds, idr if a potion that grants attacks exists but if it does pick it up and throw 6 auto wounds on it. Just a thought.

·
Mr Commisar to you
2,885 Posts
If the toughness is an issue then perhaps try to reduce that with magic. Inner circle knights charging should also make a dent. Have you tried holding it out of the main units by blocking it with detachments. They only need to hold for one turn which is easy enough with steadfast. It gives you time to shift out of its way. Say a 20 man detachment that means you will lose it in your turn if he charges that gives you the manoeuvre edge.
Perhaps even try life magic. Flesh to stone on your guys and getting a few models back could help. If you can hold him up for a bit then you can get a flank counter charge with knights and or demigryphs. Which means you could then combat res it to death.
Other options include using small archer detachments for fleeing or feeding to it.

Personally I'd try inner circle knights or reducing its toughness and then hitting it with a helblaster.

Hope that helps

A

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
If you try shooting it, you really have to pelt it with missiles, and if you have enough shooting to phase it, you probably need to be targeting Orcs.

A little trick of a monster-slayer that I've found, is to combine a Sword of +3A with a Potion of Strength on a non-General model. Two rounds of 6-7 S7A will usually make a dent, and with Cavalry you can't be T.Stomped at least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts