Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and i are doing a 1000 pt each team tourny and im trying to make a list that would complement a wych cult with three squads of wyches an archite 3 raiders and 2 ravagers with dls.

I was thinking something like this to draw fire from his raiders, but any other list ideas are greatly appreciated.

Flyrant
Twin Devourers, warp field

Walking tyrant
twin devourers, anti pyschic power and two tyrant guard

2x8 steelers
scuttlers, flesh hooks

3x1 carnifexes
ES, 2twin devourers

plan is to run up into position and shoot any units trying to bail out other units in cc with wyches.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't know about the shooting idea but something that would really draw fire is 6 fexes or a whole lot a gaunts.

or you could take an outflanking list and get him to drive the enemy into a corner and then BAM! out comes your stealers.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Conidering thaty your playing with a combative DE force the only change i could think to add would be to get a sniper or boom fex in there.

I also dont like the low S on your tyrants, get S6 on them fore S5 devourer shots. Stick Enhanced senses on them too. You dont need Warp feild on the first tyrant, settle for carapce, 10pts for a 6+ isnt worth it.

id either swap 2 dakka fex for 1 sniper and left over points, or if not id recogmend going for a striaght boom for dakka swap, even if just to get some anti tank - the one area you really lack. of the 2, the sniper option should give you enought o by the upgrades for your tyrant, which they need

Your lists should work nicely with each other, though, you may strugglke with anti-tank, or mech lists, devourers are good up to a point, youve got nothing to take care of Av13 except assault, so really you have to rely on your DE allies. But otherwise, great set up.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Flyrant
Twin Devourers, warp field
Give him ES + toxin sacs. It makes a difference.

Walking tyrant
twin devourers, anti pyschic power and two tyrant guard
Ok.

2x8 steelers
scuttlers, flesh hooks
Outflanking is not reliable enough here and your genes are too fragile. In this mini-nidzilla list, I'd go with WON gaunts just as objective grabbers. Concentrate the rest of the points on your real breadwinners - the TMC's.

3x1 carnifexes
ES, 2twin devourers

plan is to run up into position and shoot any units trying to bail out other units in cc with wyches.
I'd maybe go 1 dakkafex and 2 cc-fexes. Problem here is that your DE teammate is so fast that he should be in assault by turn 2. All your shooty TMC's may not have anything to shoot as all the units are locked in cc! In this case, it's better to lend him some support with your cc-fexes.

Conidering thaty your playing with a combative DE force the only change i could think to add would be to get a sniper or boom fex in there.
Problem with the boomfex is that the DE teammate would be in the way and at risk. With 24" flat-out moves, they should be in the opponent's face in turn 1.

You dont need Warp feild on the first tyrant, settle for carapce, 10pts for a 6+ isnt worth it.
Remember that he can't take carapace because he's got wings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts