Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make a Grand Master, and im going to give him power weapon with the Nemisis force weapon, I already bought the Captain Stern, model, Now does any one know what model i need to get. It has to have a ccw in his left arm and it needs to look as Grey Knightish as possible

·
Registered
878 Posts
I use my Stern as a GK Grandmaster, what wrong with him as it is? The Sword he's holding can be a Power Weapon OR a NFW.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hey gkgrandmaster! i have been using the captain stern model myself, but i think i know where your coming from, brother captain stern is well, captain stern and you really want somethin special to fill the spot as your leader. i think a good conversion would be the corteaz inquisitor model as your grand master, just get rid of the birds, heres what you need:

corteaz model,
gk term w/nemisis force halberd
dreadnaught stormbolter
purity seals

first take your inquisitor coteaz model and careful cut away the hammer, ( unless you want yours to have the hammer. after all its your conversion! ) then take your gk termi arm bit and remove the halberd from it, (note.. be SURE to make the cut very level, it makes it easier to attach the halberd to coteaz's hand. and makes it look more like he is holding it) next attach the halberd to coteaz's hand. now the next step is to take the bird off, ( dont use pliers you could stretch his arm ) then file it down smooth and flush with the armor, the take the stormbolter from a dreadnaught and attach it to where the bird was , if your very creative and a good sculptor take some green stuff and make his ammo clip from the gun. add some purity seals for flavor, and boom cool lookin gk grandmaster, well thats my two cents hope they help! :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice, but it doesn't help me. I want a NFW AND a power weapon. this will give me an extra attack in combat. So I need any advice y0ou can give me.

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
ooh whoops, well hmmm.. you can still keep the relative design with the coteaz model and simply add a dark elf black guard weapon into his hand, (wicked lookin blade imho), but if you want to go a little cheaper here is an idea : take an emporer's champion model and simply attach a storm bolter sprue to his left arm and take a the justicar sword and attach that to his left hand. anyway maybe that helps, btw my inquisitor is the emporer's champ model, i added all the above except the power weapon, and i took a high elf mohawk and glued it to him, giving him the roman legionnaire look, its pretty sweet i'll post a pic of it later=) good luck! hope that helps. <:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
You don't need the Power Weapon; just use a CCW. All his attacks will be power (force actually) weapon attacks anyway, so you're just wasting 14 points that way.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well this is getting off topic but my grandmaster can't take a ccw because he's in terminator armour. Maybe I should take should take a chainfist just i case i run into a dreadnought

·
Registered
974 Posts
If you are decent at conerting models i would get a space marine termie commander and give him a bigger sword/halberd from GK models and file away his basic stuff, put on some GK symbols, possibly from forgeworld, some purity seels, and mayby work on the head, also give it a better base, for that i get snips and cut around the legs, fit it in the big base slots and put in some green stuff. I personally would find this conversion quite hard but for others it may work.
Shout out to Grand Master Arjoe!
Oh yeh and dont forget some storm sheilds.
Hope that helped. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
i always give mine his force weapon/ psycannon i keep my dread with lascannons for killin tanks etc. well anyway thats me, i personally think the grandmaster is bad man even without any equipment. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
A mate of mine has a GKGM with a force weapon and chainfist and he's the hardest b******* in the universe i've seen him spanner nightbringer in 1 turn and also think nothing of punching a hole straight thru a landraider... 6 attacks on the charge strenght 58888888.0998765 ... bolt hard but i'd buy him a psycannon like i have mine.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey buddy jus bin readin thru wot previous guys have put but i personly think you shud use the Logan Grimnar figure as he has an excellent pose for conversion purposes, also has gr8t weaponry! and with a fare bit of conversion work wud look gr8t as a grey night in terminator armour also he'll be chargin in to battle!!

Blood to the blood god!!

:eek:

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Well, to answer the original question and ignore all the rambling since then ( :D ), Buy him a GK termie left arm with storm bolter, and chop the thing off at the elbow. Take a normal NM termie left arm with sword/whatever cc type weapon you want and chop if off at the elbow as well. Voila! That's how I did my Storm Shields for my GK Termies, took a GK Termie left shoulder and SM Termie Power Fist, combined, and added a Tomb King Shield.

Side note: cutting off the right arm of GK Termies/PAGK at the wrist allows you to angle the NFW in cool ways, so you can make a good pose for the 2 CCW GM you're building.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.