trukk red paint grot riggers extra armour
rokkits on trukk stick bomb chukka

3 lootas big cannon and 2 big shootas, grot riggers, ard case

15 kommandos 2 burnas, boss snikrot

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Hmm...

I may be missing something, but this doesn't look like it's anywhere near 1500 points.

As for changes, most of the upgrades on the trukks are a waste. Virtually anything can destroy a trukk with a minimal amount of effort, so the secret with them is to hide them behind cover when possible, rush them forward quickly, and to field several of them, so your opponent can't hit them all. Take off the grott riggers and extra armor. It's a waste of points. I'm also not into stikkbomb chukkas, but some people are, so use them if you like them.

Are the big kannons the ordnance guns? If so, that's good. If not, that's what you should be using on them. Anything else has BS 2 to hit. Also, those looted wagons aren't going to last long if your enemy is any good at shooting, so you need to field more boyz in trukks, to win the game for you, while your vehicles are up in smoke. In a 1500 point list, I wouldn't field anything less than 4 troop choices (or 3 + a team of nobz).

Also, as many have noted in other threads, I love rokkit buggies, and think they'll add quite a bit of punch to the list, especially since your opponent will have to choose whether or not to attack the buggies, or the looted wagons.

Kommandos can be nice, but they aren't vital, and in 1500 point games there isn't really room for anything vital. I would only use them (along with Snikrott) in 2000+ games.

Here's my version of the same list:

HQ:

Big Mek w/SAG and cybork body (105)

Big Mek w/SAG and cybork body (105)

ELITE:

15 Lootas (225)

TROOP:

11 Slugga boyz in red trukk + Nob w/PK and bosspole (152)

11 Slugga boyz in trukk + Nob w/PK and bosspole (147)

FAST:

Rokkit buggy (35)

Rokkit buggy (35)

HEAVY

Looted wagon w/ordnance gun, big shoota, hard case (130)

I dropped the red paint job off one of the trukks simply to make up the last 5 points.

In any case, with orks, having a larger number of units is always better than having more expensive/elite units. Orks win through numbers. ;Y

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.