Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need some advice. I've stopped playing W40k a few years ago, and now I want to restart! I've sold my old Eldar army and now that I have a lot of cash, I want to make a new army(one with soldiers who will survive str4 hits :rolleyes: ) So, I decided to play Chaos because they rocks! BUT!!! I just can't chose the right army... <_<

There is Iron Warriors, Thousand Sons and World Eaters in my list...

Iron Warriors because they shoot a lot of metal and metal hurt ennemy :ph34r: I like shooty army...

Thousand Sons, because they are cool and have 2 wounds and cool phychic powers :w

World Eaters because they KICK ASS!!! ^_^

I really need an advice... All of these are great... :unsure:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Forget them, Join Us, S3x, pleasure, pink!!!, shooty, assaulty, Deamonettes!?!?!
cmon you know you want to my lord promisses you all the women you can get and tons and tons of beer join the good quality... but only if you think you can handle us!

Join! Join! Join!

no seriously Emperors Children is a real nice army to play lots of upsides only two downsides, downsides: little long range fire, and well theyr marines so they come in small numbers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hum... sweet!

Yeah, I've red the rules for these guys, but I prefer guys with A LOT!!! of fire power or not at all... Yeah, i know, Empereor's Children have A LOT!!! of firepower, but... they don't shoot very far... THATS tha problem! :ph34r:

and they are pink...

·
418 Posts
go with thousand sons, i play them and i can outnumber my enemy with wounds (not models though)
also enthropist
dont' YELL!
and i also agree with Lord cunning the Emperors children are very good.
if you don't like the range problem, get a predator, if that doesn't work, suck on my fat peni...blastmaster
oh and world eaters suck.
1/3 of the time you have no control over them, (some people like this!). they may have extra attacks and better closecombat but they are the ULTIMATE NOOBIE ARMY!
they are very extremely straight forward, with but one strategy. charge forward full speed ignoring return fire.
And they have no mojo, like lord cunnings signature Slaanesh is the godofpleasure! and tzeentch has a thousand sons Nurgles got the um well herpes which means that he has been getting it on. But what about khorne? no! he doesn't have sex, he just cuts off your peni...blastmaster!

·
Registered
53 Posts
hide behind a tank or something till your close enough to shoot or put in a squad of havocs to shoot down anything posing a threat of you coming closer

Thousand sons is real nice too my friend used to play them, its like HAHA I killed him ow wait no i wounded him :D, real bugger keeping track of wounds though but thats a problem you gotta ignore, Tzeench or Slaanesh.

Undivided, i dunno i dont like the idea of being undivided, neither do i like mixing gods. but thats just a personal question.

Khorne has no grace and Nurgle smells

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree for the Word Eaters

but what about the Iron Warriors, they shoot a lot of metal :) And I like that...

I'm gonne sleep on that!

·
418 Posts
dude exactly LORD CUNNING that's what my friend always says. YES! I FINALLY KILLED ONE OF YOUR GUYS! HAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT"S 24 POINTS FROM MY ONE 11 PT ORK (HE PLAYS ORKS) HAHAHA WAIT HUH? OH DAMN I JUST WOUNDED HIM? HOW MANY WOUNDS DOES HE HAVE? WHAT HUH? 2 WOUNDS FROM A TROOP? I HATE YOU MAN!
and then he sees me summon some horrors
HAHA THESE GUYS ARE EASY T3 WAIT THEY HAVE 2 WOUNDS DAMN YOU TO HELL MAN!

·
418 Posts
Iron warriors, um i dunno about the iron warriors. Ask bornindarkness to tell you that. he plays iron warriors (i hope)
now for my ritualistic call to Bornindarkness
HOOGAHOOGAHOOGAHOOGABOOGABOOGABOOGA
EEWOWEEWOWEEWOWEEWOW
BANANABANANABANANABANANABANANABANANA
DUDEGETTHEFRICKOVERHERENOW

·
Registered
969 Posts
Well hopefully by my s/n you can observe that i play Thousand Sons. They are quite nice but i hate things like Necron Destroyer Lords who come up to you and slice you to hell with their warscythes. But the Thousand Sons are VERY nice, not to mention they look badass too. The downside tho is no havocs, raptors, bikes, or obliterators. One thing is for sure tho no matter if you move or not you will always get a shot at maximum range and always shoot twice at 12" (although not very smart to get them that close to the enemy).

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
*Summoned by the ritualistic call, the Uber-Daemon Warsmith enters the thread (don't ask me how that works).

Iron Warriors own! Simple. They're the shooty army from hell, I've fought battles of attrition with my IW against IG, and outshot them. Not just that, but they are still CSM, which means they can have rock-hard assault units as well. To top it off: awesome fluff, and a cool, unforgiving looking colour scheme.

You know you want to... Iron Within, Iron Without!

·
Registered
959 Posts
what ever you do dont go for slaanesh they are just a bunch of flourescent, shirt lifting junkies. die slaaneshi scum!!

Join the World Eaters, whats better than gettng to shout "Blood for the Blood god!!" in you enemies face then begin to tear his army apart and bath in their blood? well if you don't think you can hack it being a World Eater than i say join the Iron Warriors, lots of big guns and things that go BOOM!!

so you want lots of blood and carnage go for the mighty World Eaters
you want lots of fire power go for the Iron Warriors
you want to be a brightly coloured pansy... well then you should have stayed with eldar

·
Registered
53 Posts
you could make it a sub slaanesh chapter if only the color bothers you, dont listen to that khornate psycho, he would kill his own mother if she forgot his milk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After sleeping on the subject :

hehehe... BOUM BOUM on your head! let's say that 2 defiler, one Basilisk and Havocs with lascannan can literally obliterate anything living on the table

YAAA!!! I've almost made my choice :) TS or IRW...

Maybe a philosophy course will help me make that choice

=>just funny!

·
418 Posts
u gotta love the ritual call
hey man, you got it now.
I have succesfully converted some1 away from khorne and nurgle! yay!
i see what ur style of play is, hail of firepower and then close in for kill(exactly)

oh and BOrnindarkness, how was the battle with Impguard? did you guys just line up your infantry 12 inches away from eachother and blast away with long range units in the back? I have always wondered about that(i know IW would win, but that would inflict heavy casualties on both sides. huge casualties)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AH! Almost! But there is no assault in my tactic, just a looooot of firepower and I think Iron Warriors will be just fine,

Fast army list:

Warsmith(termy) => for the assault (if a need it)
Termy chosen => to protect my smitty

Obliterators... a lot of them... => beacause they kick ass

Somes CSM => because i need them :huh:

NO fast attack

Basilisk => no coments
2 Defiler => to destroy anything I need to destroy
Havoc suqad qith lascannon and the tank hunter feat => to anihilate these "little-damn-land-raiders-who-may-be-able-to-make-damage-on-my-precious-heavy-weapon-tank"

ONWARD!!! TO VICTORY!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
* Cheaply imitating Bornindarkness, The Uber-Warmaster Abaddon enters the thread (ask Bid how it works, cuz I have no clue)

Just play Black legion, Then you can't be restricted by stupid things like, nope he cant be in the same army as him. I'm not racist like every other Legion!

Mwa, mwaha, mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If it's just for the demons, I don't want them, basicaly, Iron Warriors army list is juste like Black Legion, it's juste that I can take a bonus heavy support... Ah! and I can have much more Obliterators.

OK! I can't have any berzerker or plague marines, but, when you can feild 3 defiler and a basilisk, who the hell really need assault troops :p

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It doesnt matter what legion you have, chaos are so cheap for what they can have. My mate's 1000son daemon prince is about 160 points and he gets 8 S7 ATTACKS! They need to speed up re-writing the codexes cos chaos are wiping the floor with everone!
oh yeah, go with slaanesh, he rocks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.