Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i need to make some chaosy farseers (u know eldar) preferably slaaneshy like but i havn't a clue on how to do anything like that so i would like some examples but i'm the only one who has even considered chaos eldar in my area :(

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
mmm what kind of thing are you looking at doing? i mean fluff-wise, are you going for a fallen prince type thing, or a eldar farseer who is fully committed to chaos?
If it were me, id go the fallen prince; so much more.. romantic ;)
id use 'Eldrad Ulthran-Farseer of Ulthwe' as the base, and remove his head and replace it with one of the helmetless eldar guardian heads, as the helmet to me shows a degree of honor, as it is a symbol of their position, and so a warrior who has turned his back on his people would probably disregard such an object; maybe because he hates it, or maybe inside he feels a secret guilt for who he has become, and leaves off the mask as so when the inevitable day comes that he falls in battle (most likely by a true farseer) , he will do so as an exiled man, not as a crooked farseer. I would also be in favour of the helmetless head as it shows quite a solemn mysteriousness to it, and the expression also hints at both quiet anger, and sadness. The characters staff would also to be easy to alter; litter it with chaos symbols, perhaps you could even put the severed head(s) of eldar warriors on it, as a symbol of how he has angst for them, and the sword could be easily swapped for a chaos sword. I dont think the body needs much change, its pretty non-descript as far as an eldar body (from what i can see) perhaps add some chaos symbols to it?

eh i hope that helps; im not an eldar collector myself (considered it, but ended up going for Imperial Guard)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thats a really cool idea

my army is from a craftworld much smaller than those of ulthwe' etc but still escaped the fall and through the years have remained 'pure' (havn't merged with other craftworlds) but that has come at a price as the remaining eldar keep getting fewer and fewer. the craftworld finally hit panik point around abbadons 13th crusade when chaos's power flew freely through the realm, it was then that slaanesh seized the opportunity that he/she/it has been waiting for....... a craftworld that is desperate enough to strike a deal with chaos itself and thus the shadow reavers were born.

i've already converted some daemonettes to form banshee squads and have converted a standard bearer forthe guardians.

the only thing i havn't decided is ulthwe' or ailtoc

·
Registered
156 Posts
Plague_00 said:
the only thing i havn't decided is ulthwe' or ailtoc
Though part of me can't help but feel this sounds like a dark eldar concept, the other part of me thinks that it wouldn't really make sense for a fallen craftworld to be of ulthwe-style stock. I mean, dude. A craftworld of uber-seers screwing up that bad? :p

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yeah this is a little off-topic but i thought ulthwe'= close to eye, psychers hardly any khaine folowers and altaioc cus the large number of rangers reflects this craftworlds deminishing populace

and by the by i meant rules as this is a completly seperate craftworld from ulthwe' or ailtoic

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If you decide on a rangers then there's a rumour that new models will be released with the new cityfight book.
Either way some of the dark elf models might be usable, like the hydra crew.

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
Again, I'm gonna be offtopic, but the trouble, fluffwise, with craftworld eldar falling to Slannesh is that you can't trade for something the other person already owns. Eldar have nothing to offer Slannesh, because Slannesh already owns their souls from the moment they're born.

Personally.. I'd do croneworlds eldar, i.e. eldar who were left behind in the eye of terror and have mutated over time and formed debased Slannesh cults. But they couldn't just be 'chaos eldar', you'd have to make them look distorted and warp touched to the point of almost unrecognisability..

some kind of malevolent psyker figure as a leader (you could do a counts as with a farseer) wouldn't go amiss though.. Personally, I'd take a model from the dark eldar range, add a few chaotic bits and distortions to the models physique, and paint it with big glowing eyes, floating in mid air etc to reflect its psychic nature.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Plague_00 said:
the craftworld finally hit panik point around abbadons 13th crusade when chaos's power flew freely through the realm, it was then that slaanesh seized the opportunity that he/she/it has been waiting for....... a craftworld that is desperate enough to strike a deal with chaos itself and thus the shadow reavers were born.
Indeed, fluffily that doesn't really work. All Eldar souls fall under the claim of Slaneesh already, there would be no striking a deal there. Even the Dark Eldar (horrible as they are) don't try 'bargain' with Slaneesh, they merely leech the souls of others to stave off Slaneesh's pangs.

Eldar are the enemy of Chaos, they know and understand it, and they do not fear it. I think if you wanted to make this work fluffily, try Croneworld Eldar as suggested by Mantis. When the Eye of Terror was born they were left behind they were corrupted. They turned to worshipping a Chaos God (like Tzeentch or Nurgle) in an attempt to save their souls from the dominion of Slaneesh. That to me comes across more plausible.

On the model front, I'd take a long time looking at the Dark Elf Online Store. They have a lot of items that could be converted suitable, with a bit of kitbashing from the Chaos Mutations sprue.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Since this is the conversion area, I'm not gonna talk fluff, there's a seperate section for that and I'm sure the guy would have posted his questions there, if he was looking for those kinds of answers.

Now, unpleasentries overwith, I'd look into the Dark Eldar Wychs, with some head swaps (Farseer or Warlocks) they'd make good chaosy Farseers.
If you're looking for models for Aspect Warriors, I think Daemonettes would make great bases for Howling Banshees, maybe with some new heads or a bit of greenstuf.
Khornate guardians would be interesting, a box of plastic beastmen and a box of plastic guardians.. voila, hoofed and angry looking guardians.
As for tzeentch, Screamers might work as Jetbikes.

Anyways, good luck with your project.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts