Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have played 40k for over a year and have never been the better painter. I think my biggest problem is that I rush. I wanna get a who sqaud done fast and they all turn out crap. I wanna have a all black stealthy looking army. I was thinking Of highlighting just the armor codex grey and selectivly highlighting skull white. Then i was going to drybrush certain parts mithril so the armor looks slightly battle hagard. Do you think this idea will let me turn out fast results and why? Any hints on improving my work. I have the giude to painting citedel miniatures but the dont show Tau in their and I learn by direct reference. If any of you can help me I would love it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
It is possible that your highlight will be a bit extreme if you go form black to codex gray. If you are looking for table top quality then this might be ok.

Don’t get the hole model just black and some silver. You really need some colors as well. There is a thread where the Tau painter have a black army but he use some red to make them pop. Only Black will look boring.
Black is a color that need other colors to look really good. Most colors work with black. Blue is good and it don’t stand out to match, same with red and green. Yellow really stands out It can me a little to match some times, but if a good shade of yellow it can look awesome.

When you paint black keep the highlights close to the edges of the armor. If you don’t it can look more gray then black. Try to only highlight the places where the lights shod fall. This is more important with black then any other color IMO.

Good luck hope I helped a bit at least :)

edit: here is a link for you
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56006

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks that helps alot. I do plan on makeing thier eyes scorpian green and their shoulderpaads all mithri silver. I might use some blue to. I wanna make my whole army look stealth/ special forces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts