Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I need some help, me and my friends are making a Campaign for the near future and this is basically what it is:::

4 of us have landed on a planet called 'Yomi' which has been suspected for heresy --- none of the 4 forces know that the others are there (so are hostile to each other) and all forces are trying to liberate the entire planet for its rare resources and will assault each other if needed

The planet is already conolised by the Tanith and as such will willingly defend it against all oppressors

Its going to be a might empires based campaign (so tile based) and will continue for some time - and all games will be based within dence citys (though not sure yet if were going to make it City Fight rules)

But enough of that, the reason Im here is because Im being tasked with creating the inital Tanith resistance --- its too be 500 points for the inital games, increasing by 250 points every so often

So basically, I need some help creating 500 points of Tanith, and Ill be honest, Im not too good with guard (surprising as Im an avid DH player......) Sooooo can people please help create a basic cost-effective 500 point list that can also act as a decent starter for a future 3k Tanith army

Oh, and at some point there will be the local police force in there some where (from the WH codex, cant remember their name) -- but there in there somewhere

There are a few other things I need to abide by for this force::: in this campaign, vehicals are a premium therefore cost double for the starting games (and Tanith do not have them full stop) ---- also as this is the Taniths home planet, they have some extra special rules for this campaign:::::

1. They all get the infriltration rule for free
2. They get the 'with out number' rule within certain missions (and when they come back they can effectivly infriltrate back in)
3. They dont have a Force organisatiob Chart (within reason)

Any help will be great!!!!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
May I first make the recomendation to brush back up on the doctorines in the back of the book involving the tanith.

Secondly, for a good starter list. I'd perhaps recommend taking your two platoons of infantry with just enough to handle themselves, a small veteran squad, and your leader. You can pm me the list for me to help you further.

Other than that, I'd recommend lots of weapons with either big dice rolls, ignore cover rules, or have templates to go with them.

Lastly I just have this to say.

MEN OF TANITH, VERVUNHIVE, BELADON, DO YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER!!!

·
Shrug, k...
1,350 Posts
well for the initial 500 points to kick it off, keeping it simple is the underliner. so i'd suggest the two infantry platoons with two infantry squads each, and just the bodies already comes out to 360 before weapon options. and just follow the back of the book thing to follow up on the tanith theme, so missile launchers and flamers in the 4 squads, theres 444, that leaves you with some extra points to outfit your command squads with whatever and maybe a couple extra shiny bits for those sgts.

pretty much just put yourself in their shoes as to what you would take as a skirmish-guerilla warfare style force, which is what i'm guessing they are as tanith. maybe in the initial stages of defense, they're just bands of skirmish/ambush/scouts with regular infantry, veterans, and sentinels. then later on when they've formed up definitive lines of defense to hold, maybe adding in support squads, battle tanks, and basilisks.

also... another point is how this pdf force is supposed to figure into campaign-play,
-are they just speed bumps to help slow players from rapid expanding their territories?
-are they going to be the reasons of doubt and second thoughts for players to venture into the tanith territory?
-or are they gonna be the cruelly determined and evil force dedicated to liberating their planet against the insurmountable force of 4 invading armies no matter the cost or ethics?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help thus far (Ill post a few List ideas soon)

The home world that the other 4 players are 'invading' belongs to the Tanith who believe that the invaders are chaos (see a theme here??) and thus will defend it to no end ---> they are to start basically as speed bumps to slow players down, but will eventually (once we get the models) to make another force in their own rigth and will start to capture objectives / tiles of their own (we have a 4000point aside apocolypse game planned for the end of the campaign)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.