Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wasn't sure whether to post this here, or in the Inquisitor section. My decision to put this here was twofold; primarily because my question/s have very little to do with the game itself and more about the fluff.

For those of you unfamiliar with the game, it involves pitting a small squad against that of another player in a narritive context. I'll soon be participating in an Inquisitor game that involves at least 3 players. Now, I'd like to do something a little different from the traditional 'Inquisitor and his retinue' approach. I did a bit of research, and was considering perhaps playing a 'fallen' inquisitor, but one who is not outright evil. To do this, I need to come up with a reason for his fall that doesn't involve demonic posession or anything like that.

Otherwise, I was toying with the idea of something outright nasty - such as a chaos sorceror leading a bunch of fanatics and maybe even a demonhost.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how well these could work in the game, ways I could expand on them or even other 'interesting' options I could consider pursuing?

Thanks,
Krystofor

Edit. There is now a 'sister' thread for this one in the Inquisitor forums. It can be found here.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
For the 'fallen' inquisitor maybe this could work as an idea:

Your inquisitor has uncovered evidence that one of his superiors may has been subverted by Chaos, but lacking concrete evidence he can't prove anything. The superior Inquisitor, becoming aware of the scrutiny of the loyalist, has launched a succesful campaign and discredited the young inquisitor, branding him as a traitor and heretic. Desperate to clear his name and bring down his enemy he sets out on a quest to prove his innocence and gain the evidence he needs to reveal the true traitor.

This gives him adequate reason to fight other inquisitors, albeit reluctantly, and can be the basis for a well developed story line full of double cross, intrigue and blazing gun battles!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
There are dozens of ways you can go about a fall from grace Krystofor, though it really depends on how far you want the character to fall amongst other things. Maybe your inquisitor lost someone they loved dearly, either a member of their retinue who had become more than that, and traded in their life for the inquisitors because the inquisitor was more important. Perhaps the inquisitor had to turn in his own acolyte for heresy, because he could not perform the judgment of the Emperor his or herself, and that tore him apart on the inside.

The 40k fluff forum is definatly one of the two great places to start for idea's, the other being the inquisitor forum here on LO. I'd suggest creating a topic in the inquisitor forum and link both of these threads together, I know some members that have great 40k and inquisitor knowledge, such as The_Giant_Mantis, are on both forums now and then.

The_Giant_Mantis, kaled, Precinct Omega, Cheredanine, and Xerxes are amongst the greatest people I have ever interacted with in creating the background, loadout, and feel of characters in inquisitor. I am sure that each of the five above members, or almost any of the members who have frequented the inquisitor forum for some time, could help you out a great deal.

As far as any next steps, I would definately suggest making a thread in the inquisitor forum for idea's and c&c for any characters you come up with. (If you were to do any looking there, I would suggest browsing through my inquisitor Jerico thread for a look at a fallen inquisitor who did not turn evil; he just turned to isolation and the shadows instead.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.