·
Registered
2,291 Posts
saim-hann cus it's really hard to play and the colour scheme suks

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Archeantus said:
Do It Yourself. This is the common term used to describe a unique and original army that has been created with it's own background story. These armies are fully usable in games as long as they follow appropriate rules.

Reactions: TheCage

·
494 Posts
Under 1500 points, probably Iyanden. Expensive models plus a horribly inefficient points-sink of a troops unit pretty much kills them.

Of course, once you pass the 1500 point mark, Iyanden really comes into their own.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well i beleive the least used craftworld would either be Iyaden or Saim han because like others have said Saim-hans color scheme sucks and there expensive $ wise.And Iyaden has a pretty cool scheme but there extremely pricey(yet again $ wise).But Ulthwe and Alaitoc are SWEET!:yes:

·
Registered
389 Posts
nanfoodle said:
Well i beleive the least used craftworld would either be Iyaden or Saim han because like others have said Saim-hans color scheme sucks and there expensive $ wise.And Iyaden has a pretty cool scheme but there extremely pricey(yet again $ wise).But Ulthwe and Alaitoc are SWEET!:yes:
I disagree, i think Saim-hans color scheme is ok ... Iyaden has the far worst color scheme of any army in 40k. the army looks like walking easter eggs :x although they have cool looking troops :)

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,770 Posts
Well you can do some color changing, you dont need to paint the whole Iyanden force blue and yellow or white and green or etc. Paint them however you want and make em look the best they can. My Iyanden wrath units are black armored with light armor in the center of the platings while the head area is shinning silver and guess wut, it looks amazing, And secondary, San-Hann red color sheme might not be the best but who says you gota paint em red, the rules state MOSTLY red colors as well as black/white inlining, mostly doesnt mean all, so everyone is free to paint anything however they want.

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,191 Posts
Definately Saim-Hann, since it will become either a powergamer army or a fluff army. I like the colour scheme though...

·
Registered
389 Posts
WraithGuardian said:
Well you can do some color changing, you dont need to paint the whole Iyanden force blue and yellow or white and green or etc. Paint them however you want and make em look the best they can. My Iyanden wrath units are black armored with light armor in the center of the platings while the head area is shinning silver and guess wut, it looks amazing, And secondary, San-Hann red color sheme might not be the best but who says you gota paint em red, the rules state MOSTLY red colors as well as black/white inlining, mostly doesnt mean all, so everyone is free to paint anything however they want.

I agree and I don't paint any of my units/armies the colors they use in the codex. If I am gonna put all the effort into painting awesome figs I don't want to color them like a paint by number book. I like mine to be unique, I was just commenting if people think that Saim-hans colors are bad the standard Iyanden colors are by far worse.

You got any pics of your painted eldar WraithGuardian, I would love to see them. I have been meaning to post some of mine along with conversions I have done.

·
LO Zealot
1,322 Posts
Hmmm for me I think all craftworlds except for Beil-tann and Ulthwe, more so the ulthwe.

Reason I think is due to money costs, colour schemes and rules.Beil-tann and Ulthwe probably have general players votes as being more practical in all three respects. Whilst the other armies suffer from stuff like being too expensive, not being able to survive very well the way the player uses them or just plain hating the colour scheme and the way the army works.

·
876 Posts
I think that Saim-Hann definitely is underplayed because of the money problems involved. each individual troop choice is going to set you back 15-20$ PER MODEL!!! thats a lot of dough to be forking out for a merely mediocre army, that IMO isnt even that cool!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Saim-Hann is definitely underplayed. I think this is primarily because of lack of model range--jetbikes leave a lot to be desired, although vypers look cool enough.

I think Saim-Hann is underplayed also because most people can't figure out how to get their points-worth out of jetbike squads. I think the army got a HUGE boost (pun intended) with the new 4th edition turbo-boosting bikes rule. I think that the army is on average more viable that it used to be, and it lends itself to dairy-mongers quite effectively.

Some possible Saim-Hann builds that come to mind: Mini-Seer Council on Jetbikes (incredibly effective). Nuadhu Fireheart (pretty darn good character!). Multiple jetbike squads w/ starcannon and CTM and guide (just sick...).

The sheer amount of mobile firepower acheivable in a Saim-Hann list is almost disgusting--there's a reason why they only get 1 heavy. If you use the troops and elites slots (which took no nerfing) to their fullest, you can get a fully mechanized army of 3 or more wave serpents, seers on bikes, tons of vypers...I think most people would think saim-hann is actually unfair if used by a good general. They can just *annihlate* the enemy with high-strength weapons fire. Most people bawk at the $20/model price, but when you realize you only need a handful of said models...

·
Drills baby.
7,103 Posts
Colonel_Ellios said:
Some possible Saim-Hann builds that come to mind: Mini-Seer Council on Jetbikes (incredibly effective). Nuadhu Fireheart (pretty darn good character!). Multiple jetbike squads w/ starcannon and CTM and guide (just sick...).
How can Jetbikes take starcannons and CTM? I assume you mean the Vyper.
And yes, Saim-hain is most under-played but there is those few players who use the dreaded all-vyper list.
6*3 vyper squads with starcannon + Falcon + Seer on Jetbike. All in around 1500pts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.