Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
salamanders (Fluffy?)HqVulkan 190PElites5 Assult terminators 200PTroops5 space marines 90P5 space marines 90PFast attack5 Vanguard Veterans with Jump packs andd everyone has th/ss1015PFluffy if possible,i want a friendly list.Iv only started warhammer this yeat

·
Registered
338 Posts
Fast attack... jump packs. I think you got the wrong army. Salamanders are about flamers melta and close range combat with plenty of tanks and so on.

·
Registered
825 Posts
First off welcome to the Salamanders.

Secondly it'd be easier both on you and the viewers if you could follow the army listing format found here - http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/space-marine-army-lists/111308-army-list-posting-rules.html. That way it would be easier format for both you and everyone else to off helpful advice.

Vulkan He'stan is a good choice (I normally use him in larger point games due to his cost) and full Tactical squads equipped with flamer/melta weapons are good places to start. What I would do would be to drop the Vanguard unit and bring the Tactical squads to 10 marines to take advantage of the heavy and special weapons. Give at least one squad a Rhino or Razorback. I'm not sure if the Terminators are a good choice at this point level so consider dropping them and possibly using a Dreadnought.

Fluffwise, the Salamanders don't use a lot fast attack units, but outside of that there really isn't any limitation as there used to be in earlier editions. It's wholly up to you. Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The assault terminators seem to be at a bit of a loose end. If they don't have a reliable way of getting to the enemy then the will probably just get shot to death before they do anything. They are actuality slightly less tough then power armor marines for their points and they will get left in the dust by your rhino mounted troops. I wouldn't recommend getting a land raider for them at 1000pts, but a drop pod may work if you really want to keep them.

As for what to add next, I would suggest some long range fire support of some sort. Another tactical squad like the ones you have wouldn't go astray either since only troops can hold objectives.

Also, make sure you remove a marine from one of your squads so Vulcan can fit in a rhino, otherwise he'll be shot to pieces on the first turn.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I agree with Elrathan about the Terminators especially since they are assault terminators. You could always teleport them onto the field, but without guns they'd just stand there for a turn and possibly get shot up irregardless of the 2+/3++ saves.

Since you'll probably want He'stan with one of the tactical squads I'd suggest swapping one of the Rhinos for a Razorback and combat squad one of the tactical squads. Give the combat squad staying behind a missile launcher and keep them in cover in your deployment zone and take long range shots with them. Then attach He'stan to the combat squad with the flamer and place all six in the Razorback. This way the Tactical squad can keep their special weapons.

Now, you have a lot of points left. A Dreadnought isn't a bad idea for some armor and firepower, especially if you give it a drop pod. Also, a HB/AC equipped Predator isn't bad either.

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Regarding the comments on the terminators, can I just point out that they can't take a Drop Pod?

Well, a viable replacement for these are some ordinary terminators; they don't have the "loose end" problem as badly, and if you can find points for an Assault Cannon they might be a bit more reliable of a unit type; still pretty hitty in a combat but not sitting idle until they get there - and nothing says you have to use them specifically for combat anyway - teleporting onto an objective can do a great job of keeping it contested until you can hold it; they happen to be great at defending about any position. Just be careful with such a small number of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts