290 Ironbreakers x20

80 Grudge Thrower

90 Cannon

120 Organ gun

140 Gryochopter

·
Registered
404 Posts
Well a couple of things to help ya sort a few things out.
In a 2000 pts it might be a good idea to take a lord and tool him up and then add a thane or two.
You Close Combat units are way to small. Make your warrior units 20 strong or at least 16. The same with your Longbeards. Perhaps get rid of a war machine or some thunders to make room for this (for exampel down to a unit size of 10)

Ehmm im not sure if thats everything, but hope it helped ya a bit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right now im playing with my friend mostly, hes a darkelf, and siege is very efective agenst his armies since his repeting crossbows have only a 24" range.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Why do your thane and runesmith not have anything? Also, as far as I am aware Dwarfs do not have a special rule that allows you to equip some of them with shields and other with great weapons etc. (or do they? :O ). Normally, they would all be equiped with the same equipment (although maybe you can give them both shields and great waepons, but you just can't use them at the same time in combat...).
Other than that it looks alright to me. I agree that your units of warriors should be 20 strong. Maybe you could reduce the unit of miners to 10 guys (or maybe 2 units of 5? I am not sure how effective that would be though...). Also, I definately recommend some items for your runesmith (magic protection?) and your thane (destuction?).
The basis of the army looks very good to me though, just those minor things to sort out and you should have a pretty good list!

·
Registered
167 Posts
myghell said:
Ok this is my first army, so any tips are greatly appreciated
every unit has a full comand
1897/2000
ok first off not every unit should have FC, for shooting units only musicians are good. drop the other. secondly, you obviously need to add 100 more points, unless that was a typo and you meant 1997.

myghell said:
67 Thane
General

70 Runesmith
like what has been said before you need a lord. dwarf lords are the best characters point for point in the game. use them. just dont over equip them, remember that they are best point for point, just give him a great weapon, and a few runes, Ro Stone is one of my fav's because its cheap and effective

myghell said:
165 Warriors x15
10 with shield, other 5 with great weapon

150 Warriors x14
10 with shield, other 4 with great weapon

165 LongBeards x10
10 shields and 10 greatweapon
like said previously you cant tool them differently in one unit. also the units must be bigger. for warriors i would suggest 2 units of 20 for 2000 points, and for the longbeards probably go with a unit of 15.

myghell said:
145 Quarrlers x10
10 shields

265 Thunders x16
16 shields
shooting units are best in groups of 12. they can form up 6x2 so that six of them can shoot, then when the enemy gets to your front line of troops (should be your warriors or ironbreakers) they can form into 4x3 and make a quite nice little combat unit to fight flankers or some other enemy unit trying to be tricksy like some pansy elf *goes off grubling about sneaky underhanded elfs*

myghell said:
245 Miners x15
steam drill and blasting charges

290 Ironbreakers x20
ahem... anyways its good that you have the ironbreakers in 20. the miners could probably be cut to 12

myghell said:
80 Grudge Thrower

90 Cannon

120 Organ gun

140 Gryochopter
these are all good, but im not sure if i would invest so many points in rare choices. i would tend to go with a pair of bolt throwers instead of the gyrocopter, which isnt my favorite of warmachines. If, however, you want to go with the meeting them in their own territory dwarf list (im not sure if its effective or not, never tried it or seen it tried myself) you should probably get some rangers to help out your miners and 'copter.

i hope ive helped :)

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
165 Warriors x15
10 with shield, other 5 with great weapon

150 Warriors x14
10 with shield, other 4 with great weapon

these units are sadly ilegal. when equiping your units with great weapons and shields the wording states that any UNIT (ie the whole unit not just a model) can be equiped with great weapons for X points per MODEL. no mixing and matching. (this also accounts for shields)

and besides dwarf warriors are not the best units to give great weapons, its a much better idea to equip them with shields so you can have a 3+ save unit in your main line for 9 points a peace (best point for point defencive model in the game in my opinion)

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
3+ Save on Warriiors?

Hi,

Just a minor correction. Warriors are only equipped with Heavy Armour so if you give them hand weapons and shields they will be 4+ saves only. Where did the 3+ come from?

Let me know. That would make them like space marines...:)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Check the rulebook. Weapons section, under Special Combat Rules.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Stuff

The runesmith really needs some Runes of Spellbreaking if you include him at all.

And the thane NEEDS runes, e.g. Cleaving, Fury and Swiftness (evil combination:shifty:)

Cairocopter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts