Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here goes then:

Lord:
Prince with reaver bow, ring of fury, helm of fortune, great weapon and heavy armour=235pts

Hero:
Mage with lvl 2, ring of corin and jewel of the dusk=180pts

Mage with lvl,2seer and silver wand=175pts

Mage with lvl 2, seer and dispel scroll=180pts

Core:
20 Spearmen with full command=250pts

10 Archers=120pts

10 Archers=120pts

5 Silver Helms with heavy armour, sheilds and musician=122pts

5 Silver Helms with heavy armour, sheilds and musician=122pts

Special:
Tiranoc Chariot=85pts

Tiranoc Chariot=85pts

Rare:
Bolt thrower=100pts

Bolt thrower=100pts

Eagle=80pts

Eagle=80pts

Total:1974pts

Cast:9

Dispel:5

The army uses its magic and shotting to whittle down the enemy whilst the helms dleiver the coup de grace to the weakened squads. The chariots are also there to cause some more wounds and the eagles can march block. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
i like it but where does ur prince fit in?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys. Didnt spot that typo with the eagles and if they were 80pts a model then my army would be over.

I'm not really sure what you should expect form an elven lord so i equiped him to shoot and also not to be terrible in melee.

If you think i have too many archers, what would you replace them with?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just some suggestions...

If you drop 10 archers, you can get 5 SH's with full armor, shields, and musician...

You could get 8 shadow warriors for march blocking...(though I wouldn't take that many)...

And I suddenly ran out of ideas...:(

But yeah...:yes:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks. Would you reccomend adding the lion banner to the spearmen, but IMO i doubt they will be encountering many fear/terror causers. Also do you think that the mages are equiped well? Finally, i was think of droping the reaver bow and helm of fortune on the prince and replacing it with bow of the seafarer. Is that a good choice? I was thinking if that one of my mages chose form lore of heavens i could use the re-roll from second sign to ensure a hit.

·
Registered
624 Posts
You've got some good shooty/magic power, and also a bunch of good counter-charge stuff. (helms and chariots). I'd recommend giving the spearelves the lion banner, and maybe replace the prince with a commander/lion guard, or just give him lion guard. That unit can take a huge charge, and keep the enemy in place for a potent flank-counter charge.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, tbh im not really quite sure what to expect from an elven prince. This makes it hard for me to equip him because i dont know his role.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I never know if a prince is worth taking. The commander seems to manage the role just as well. I find though that commanders/princes are best to merely add a bit of power to a unit. A prince or commander leading a cavalry unit can add emphasis to a charge. A commander with lionguard can give a unit some serious staying power.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
not really lionguard is only worth it if you want white lions as special but in the end swordmasters kickt wl butts both in pointsand in game performance

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How about having an archamge instead of a prince. They are more points but im sure i could remove a unit of Silver helms. Im not sure whether the archmage would be that good. Or maybe just a normal mage.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
naah an archmage isn't the best of lords available to the he but if ya take a reasonable unit of sordmasters maybe 14 then a sordmaster prince is quite good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts