Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.
A friend of mine is challenging me to a game 2000 points. He play space wolves and he does not own that much mech, except his transport of course.
Then i decided to make something that will just come down and fry his ass before he can have a change of doing some insane thing like "Jaws", the big crack of lighting that kills daemons like if it was Imperial Guardsmen.
So some advice on the list and some advice on some good tactics would be nice too.

On beforehand: Thank you.

Here is my list:

HQ.
FateWeaver the Oracle

Elites.
6x Fiends of Slannesh
+ Might
5x BloodCrusher
+ Fury
+ Istrument
5x BloodCrusher
+ Fury
+ Instrument
+ Icon

Troops.
7x PlagueBearers
+ Icon
9x Horrors
9x Horros
+ Changeling (That is 8 horrors and changeling)

Heavy Support.
Prince of Nurgle
+ Flight
+ Iron
+ Nox
+ Breath
Prince of Slaanesh
+ Pavane
+ Might
Prince of Tzeentch
+ Flight
+ Breath

So i hope to get some good feedback on this. Thank you.

·
This is for the haters...
1,308 Posts
Transports is mech btw.

Looks fine. I would find points to put grenades on your DPoN and DPoS and give your DPoT Bolt instead of Breath.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya that may be a very good idea. One problem thoue..... I am now at 1999 points, after i switched Breath for Bolt. I dont know what to lose to get some grenades.

·
4,967 Posts
Drop the icon from the PBs and get an extra PB then add grenades to 2 princes.

I would also drop one daemonic flingt and add daemonic gaze to all 3 princes. They are BS5 and it is AP3 so against space puppies it is a steal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that was a good idea. But the thing with the Gaze may work, but i still want to keep Breath on my Nurgle Prince. I found out last time i had a battle with him, that he does not like my breath at all. Fly up close, Breath there ass and assault them. And the greatest thing, if he place them wrong i breath them in close combat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay my bad. But how should i beat his "jaws" ability his runepriest has. I hate jaws. a straight line where every little daemon dies if LD test failed. I need to kill that but he usually have 2 of them in 2 Rhinos, close to each other, and there is usually a group of "Long Fangs" or maybe 2 behind them or just beisde them, so if i attack his rhino he is just gonna shoot my ass to pieces of fried meat. and if i attack his Long Fangs he is gonna use Jaws on me.

·
Registered
509 Posts
1stly you have Ld 10.. So "jaws" is not so dangerous as you describe and you won't lose battles just because of this 1 psychic power.
2ndly if the list is anti-marine where are you Bloodletters? Marines have T4 and 3+ Armour Save, remember? You have PWs and Furious Charge, remember? Just charge a 10-man squad with a 10-man bloodletter squad and left no one alive.
Get rid of all of your troops and your gifts on bloodcrushers. They don't need neither fury nor instrument. They will kill everything they charge without them, too.
Add 30 Bloodletters with one icon (instead of the plaguebearer one). Also, you may want to throw the 2nd DP and Fateweaver (really, why have you chosen this guy to lead your army?) and play with Skarband-Keeper of the Secrets duo. And with these modifications you are ok with point limit(if my maths are correct).

·
Registered
692 Posts
-I would take the flight off the tzeentch deamon prince because if its a ranged deamon prince then he will come to you. I think bolt and gaze should be enough. Also get rid of the slannesh deamon prince he has nothing going for him accept intiative 6, so he will die to bolter fire. I would replace him with another tzeentch deamon prince with bolt and gaze. The nurgle prince looks fine, one suggestion though with the nurgle prince is that for nearly the same price you could by a lord of change or a bloodthirster, both of which are a little nastyer for the points cost, the bloodthirster being better in combat and the lord of change could hang out with Fateweaver and have a blast of a time.

- nurgle bearers are good, but they offer nothing for combat and nothing for shooting. I would reconsider buying some bloodletters instead of the plague bearers, I play khorne deamons and know for a fact everytime I play marines that my bloodletters will wipe out entire units, and if they are not safe out in the open, then drop them by a objective and hit the ground for a 3+ cover save.

-the elite section looks great, very sexy and very solid. I would suggest though if you havent bought the models already or are looking to buy more that you switch other one units of bloodcrushers with a unit of of fiends. That way you have 2 units of 6 fiends and one unit of 6 crushers. Fiends are faster and cover ground and wipe units out quicker and more effcient. They tend to lose less models because their speed allows them to get to places where the bloodcrushers take more time to get to. By the end of the game I tend to lose all bloodcrushers because of their slow speed and focus fire, which is good because my deamon princes and greater deamons get to do their job better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
To : The NightBringer
If I had the Codex to marines, sure i remember, but no i dont. And yes I remember PW's and Furious Charge, But last time i deployed a group of horrors with the all mighty Changeling I made his Long Fangs take out the rhino with his runepriest. ( YA! you are right, why the hell am i afraid of Jaws..... why oh why :D). Thats why i have horrors. PB are for taking the heat in first wave..... but i can live without.
And why Fateweaver, WELL it is because of his awesome Fail-to-roll-safe-roll-again bubble, that works incredibly well with BloodCrusher and in occasions The Fiends, Princes and other stuff. But i do see the sense in a SkarBrand - KoS combo.

But thanks for the answer and i will reconsider the list.

To : Slann-o-engine-eo
I can see the reason in the slannesh into a Tzeentch and thanks for that. But the reason for the nurgle is becasue he can , fly over, fry there ass, use nox to kill the rest, and use iron to survive better, the BloodThirster does not have breath and LoC does not survive that well in CC..... and it is 10 points. :p
The i can see i should take 2 groups of Bloodletters and drop 1 group of horrors and the PB. Then Keep one group of Horrors for the Changeling.
Elites are hard to pick i think. Flamers can fry people, with Warpfire and Breath. BloodCrusher survive well with Fateweaver and is excellent beacon for Bloodletters, princes and fiends. Talking about the sun Fiends are just awesome, fast and hit&Run.

Thanks to you too, i will take it all to account.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To : Slann-o-engine-eo
I can see the sense in what you say about the SlaaneshPrince, it was also just a suggestion from one of my friends. I should get another Tzeentch Prince. The reason for the Nurgle Prince is that, BloodThister does not have Breath of chaos and LoC does not do well in CC, but the NurglePrince can say " Hey, im gonna fly over there fry the group to T-bone steaks and use my Nox and Iron to kick ass and survive after the fight". That is the Reason for him.
I do see the reason of cutting away mu PB and give myself maybe 2 groups of Bloodletters and remove one group of horrors as well, just so i can keep the Changeling.
The Elites is kinda hard for me, cause i Love Flamers "Jump, Flame, Laugh". And BloodCrusher and Fateweaver do great together, AND Fiends are just pure awesome.

Thansk for the answer and i will take it to account.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1stly you have Ld 10.. So "jaws" is not so dangerous as you describe and you won't lose battles just because of this 1 psychic power.
2ndly if the list is anti-marine where are you Bloodletters? .
If I remember correctly Jaws is't a LD test but an Initiative test so it might be a different story... slaanech should be good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.