Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello this army list is a bit short of ranged power, and i wonder if u guys think it will be competitive.

Hero
battle mage, lvl 2

core
20 spearmen fullcomand
det 10 swordsmen

20 halbediers fullcommand

10 crossbowmen w/ musican

6 knights w/ standard and musican

Rare
7 flaggelants (plz dont critizise this to much)

so what u think?:0

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
70ish models. You'll be hard-pressed to be outnumbered if you follow.

I'd recommend some Greatswords instead of the Halberdiers. You could get 10+ with maybe a Counts Champion with that. You have enough troops as it is and some elite troops will help a lot -especially Greatswords, unless you're up against Bretts, Ogres or suchlike.

If you want a Battle Wizard, take him Lvl2. No wasted Power Dice, and a more dominant Magic Phase.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Swordsmen as Detachments. They make for more of a Parent unit IMO. Militia and Halberdiers do the job brilliantly and they're cheaper. Also I think it's a bit big. Drop it back to 7 say, and possibly try get a ranged detachment in there as well.

If that were my list, I'd have something that looks like Artillery (maybe drop the Flaggies for a Mortar). Empire need to be facing as few troops possible when they inevitably engage.

I like your Crossbowmen, they'll be hard pressed to beat at range, especially as you have an adequate Magic Defence. If you're up against what you know will have lots of armour (like Bretts), then I'd say make them Handgunners, otherwise, keep them as is.

You have a good list, it should do pretty well, but I'm used to O&G and Lizzies.

-AFG

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
hello this army list is a bit short of ranged power, and i wonder if u guys think it will be competitive.

Hero
battle mage, lvl 2

I'd go with a captain for some combat punch but there you go.

core
20 spearmen fullcomand
det 10 swordsmen

I have heard that swordsmen make for better parent units. Good detachments are halberdiers and free company.

20 halbediers fullcommand

Look into making these guys swordsmen too. Either that or a flanking unit of greatswords. Greatswords make a a great center block though so personally I would go with the swordsmen.

I'm not sure how much fleeing you're going to be doing and any combat that you're involved in will result in a clear loss. There's not much use for the musician really.

Good. Maybe go for a champion for the extra punch.

Rare
7 flaggelants (plz dont critizise this to much)

Flagellants are a tar pit designed to slow the enemy down. With no armour, T3 and WS2, they're not hard to kill with shooting or in CC. 7 is far too small to be much use at all really. Consider a mortar or cannon.

so what u think?:0
My friendly suggestions are as above.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow i realy appreciate ur answers. Okey i will make the changes u mentioned but i need help with the big halberdier unit, if i take it away iget 140 p left and im wondering, if u more experienced empire players belive a greatsword unit 12 strong is good or if it worth its points

and second, do you have any experience of ur 5-8 detatchment get below 5 of shooting and stuff so they dont become any use for taking away ranks?

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
I use Detachments of 7 and they work fine, but I face an O&G opponent and a Lizzy opponent and subsequently I face very little shooting. Your opponent will unlikely see them as a threat and focus on something else (that's what happens to me anyways).

A unit of 10 Greatswords should do well. but take 12 (so you can suffer a few casualties) and take a Counts Champion, a Standard Bearer and Musician (if you have the points). Ecpect them to pass LOTS of Break tests

-AFG

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thank u fareseer
expansion to 1000
warrior priest
20 strong GS instad of halberdiers
10 strong flaggelant unit

to me the list sounds great but i dont know becuse im not that experienced.

Hero
battle mage, lvl 2
warrior priest gw HA

core
19spearmen fullcomand
det 5 crossbowmen

20 great swords fullcommand
det 9 halberdiers

Rare
10 flaggelants