5 warhounds- 30

5 warhounds- 30

Tuskgor Chariot- 80

3 Minotaurs- Extra hand weapon -177

15 Bestigors- Full command, Warbanner -235

Spawn- 55

Spawn- 55

Total- 1250

This is a list I had formed up when I bought the armybook. Any advices are accepted.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey, heres some basic tips and thoughts about your army:
*Your bray shaman does not need 2 scrolls, In most 1250 games, ppl have 2 casters max which means 6 power dice. You with just your bray have 3 despell and 1 scroll incase a good spell gets off. Most of the time, people will fail lower point magic games because using 2 dice wont hit the good spells.
*Unless ur planning to ambush the gor squad, i would run them 15 man tops, 20 is way to big unless like i said, you plan to ambush them. In a 1250pt game i would avoid using ambush unless your playing a heavy shooting army because it will take some time for your guys to get on, and if they do they might be in bad spot.
*I dont get what you mean "Warbanner" in Bestigors, they can only take a standard banner unless there is a hero present and your guy is not equip with a banner. Really not a fan of full commanding Beasmen, only do this if you Wargor is present in the squad because beast are th biggest chickens in Fantasy.
*Steel claws on your hero required 2 hands and stated by the rulebook you must use your magic weapons above anything else, so the shield upgrade is a waste of points since he cannot use it ever.
*Maybe give your minotaurs a standard since they will be doing most of the smashing so make sure they win combats, Frenzy stacks = win!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thanks for the tip.
Abot the scrolls, my previous army was wood elves and I used 2 scrolls all the time and i needed them. Thats why i thought i probably need them here. Well, I guess that wood elves are much more vulnerable to magic so yeah...

About the Warbanner, it is a magical banner in the common magic items section.(It gives +1 to combat res) A bestigor standard bearer can take a magic banner up to 50pts.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Whoa, I just realised that my points are 37pts too much!

Well I considered your advices and thought up a new list:

Wargor- gnarled hide, sword of might, ramhorn helm, heavy armour, shield= 141
Bray shaman- level 2 wizard, 2 dispel scrolls, additional weapon= 162

15 gors- additional hand weapon= 120
15 gors- additional hand weapon= 120
Tuskgor chariot= 80
10 ungor raiders- Halfhorn= 66
5 warhounds= 30

15 bestigors- full command= 210
5 centigors- throwing axes, musician= 142
3 minotaurs- additional hand weapon= 177
total=1248

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.