Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over at warseer they have a section in 'Rumors' on Ogres. Anyone heard anything? Any specific wishes?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would like plastic gorgers and yethees. The plastic kits are great as they are, but the might see a price raise. Perhaps the could add some funny bitz for converting maneaters.

From what i´ve heard the rhinox knights will be in the new book, which sounds nice. 1-2 new spec-chars are to be expected as well.

Rules wise, we need cheaper troops. Both bulls and guts needs to become a bit cheaper. I also hope that the new main rulebook will give ogre sized units rank bonus for three models per rank, instead of five. Your magic is fine as it is, but i will most likely become more like common magic lores. I hope that the slavegiant will be improve to be on par with the beastmen version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
From what I've heard they'll be a new plastic Rhinox Rider kit which can be made either into a rhinox rider, a scraplauncer or a Gnoblar fighters platform. New Gorgers have been mentioned but not in plastic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i wish for less fatty ogre models, better modelled butcher model, more armor, plastic gorgers, customisable tyrant/hunter, more options for normal unit customisation. And bull/irongut kits mashed into one kit.

and i hope that the new army book comes soon, since i really want to start playing.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sorry Kail but i'm willing to bet fat ogres are here to stay. Its part of there fluff. The bigger your gut the more wealthy you are. As far as everything else. Rhinox riders would be awsome as long as they are plastic. Cheaper units would be awsome. Most important thing for me is that impact hits from ogres will always happen on the charge and hopefully our tyrant and bruser will do D3 on the charge. And of course ranks can be 3 wide.

·
Registered
169 Posts
ogres are never balanced, Promethius. They are the worst army in game and they will stay that way, why you ask? Because Mat Ultramarine-Humping Ward that's why.

I hear over in 40k he's writing the new fluff where the ultramarine's primarch is now the new Emperor of Mankind.

·
Registered
169 Posts
when you have your entire army tabled and only manage to kill 15 points worth of models on a regular basis you would be a bit pissy too.

I love my ogres, i really do. But the are the wost balanced army ever to have been made.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hito, I don't think Polak was saying it like that, and your comments were kind of unnecesary. If you want help with your ogres, then ask kindly, but Polak was only trying to help. Maybe you should calm down a little?

GnoblarGobbler

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Let's be sure to keep this thread on track ;)

EDIT: And make sure your posts are productive

·
Registered
169 Posts
Specific wishes:

Proper leadership that reflects the nature of an ogre ie, Stubborn and Immune to panic. Ogres have the same mindset of unbroken giants, the little things can't hurt them.

Armor. bulls have light armor for free, every ogre with a gutplate gets a 6+ save that stacks. Ironfists add another 6+ and always count as an additional hand weapon.

Weapon Skill. Iron Guts, Rhinox Riders, and Gorgers have WS 4. these are either elite units or bloodthirsty killers. They should have a weapon skill that reflects this.

No limit on gnoblar trappers, gnoblar fighters, or ogre bulls.

Magic banners: one that bestows hatred. One that grants a ward save vs missles. One that grants MR

Big names: not tied into magic item allotment.

Magic: cheap gnoblar casters. Magic that does not harm the caster. magic that cannot be dispelled in an opponents magic phase as well as our own.

Ranged: A bigger variety of long ranged support. IE: gnoblar crewed warmachines along the lines of goblin **************.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ogres are not rubbish just misunderstood

Just like to say Ogres are very good in the right hands i have played two games and have 1 win 1 loss. The loss came about becuase we played a scenario and i only had 1000 points against a VC army of 1500 points. When we then played with equal points i won.

I do agree that the magic is a little weak and easy to dispel and the fact that you can end up killing your own butcher is a bit of a put off it just adds more fun to the game. I would prefer the Big Name was more of an equipment upgrade rather than cutting into magic items but hey ho thats the way of the ogre.

I would also like to thank polack(hope thats right) for the inspiration although i didnt use his character combos i still found his tactica very helpful.

I chose the ogres becuase they were the worst army in fantasy and that can give you an edge becuase people tend to make mistakes and take for granted that they will win.

·
Registered
194 Posts
b"h

Ogres is still a weak army, it just don't have enough static combat resolution becouse they don't have rank bonus (unless you take somthing like 15 bulls). You can have some powerfull combinations with this army, but most other armies can get even more powerfull combinations. A better player will still win with ogres, but if both players are the same level then usualy the ogres will loose.

Then what does it say about you that i've been using YOUR tactica
If you use the same tactica each time then your opponents know exactly what you will bring, and will be ready for it.
You should try something else once in a while, if you know what your opponent bring against you then you should preapare for them.
Which armies do you usualy play against?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.