Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of starting a new army when the new rule book is released. I just would like to know peoples opinions on which army is balenced in games or is fun to play.

:drinking:cheers, Bo Jangles

Reactions: psichotykwyrm

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Fun to play depends on what your idea of fun is =). Do you like big stompy models that tear people limb from limb in assault? A small elite surgical strike force? My personal opinion is that pure gunlines and pure hordes are the least "fun" simply because all your games will more or less play out the same way.

All the different armies have 'balanced' list builds. Pick the ones that appeal to you based on the look of the models and the background story, then narrow them down based on the playstyle you like.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Well, here's a little secret. Shhh.... Don't tell anyone. 0:
*whispers*
If you look in the back of the Codex Books, there might be a hidden symbol of a bearded hunk of cheese. These are the best armies to play. Remember, its our little secret...;)

In all seriousness, if you really want to play "for fun", then you shouldn't worry at all about the rules. Pick an army based on the models and fluff that most pleases you.

(But just between you and me, the new Ork rules are really fun, especially the Trukks and Shokk Attack Guns.)

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
I would say Orks are the most funny, if you are looking at “funny=humor”. If you look at “fun=fulfilment on the table” it really comes down to your playstyle as mentioned before. I think the question will get different responses depending on the meaning of FUN.

I also have a secret for you: There are players out there for each army, each having loyal fans that think their army is the most fun (2. Meaning). It’s really up to your playstyle and what you find “fun” to be!

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
We can't tell you all we can give you is opinions. In this fact you should choose an army that you find interesting and perhaps like some of the color schemes or some of the models.
But for my opinion to you would be the "eldar." Because all of the units have cool things about them that they can do when you play.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the look of eldar, my friend has a huge chaos army so thats always a fun mach up too plus I like the models, so thats my decision. lets see if some people can change my mind......

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
eldar are puny little elves! expendable, useless wastes of flesh! they are powerless, frivolous little pathetic looking creatures. they hide away in their little hidden craftworlds hoping for mercy from the unstopable juggernaut that is chaos!

ALL HAIL CHAOS. DESTROY THE FALSE EMPEROR. BAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHH

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
I think the brushman has a compelling argument. :?

But if you like Eldar, go ahead and start them! Although, have you looked at the current book and gotten a feel for all the other armies out there?

I'd figure out which one is best for you first. Whether it's background, painting, models, gaming, etc. that draws you, figure it out.

Next, I'd get the Codex and the rulebook (if you haven't already). Come up with the story and appearance of your models and army.

Once you're done with that, make a few lists. Proxy them first (don't buy models then play, play then buy models). Get advice on these lists and play some games with them, get a good feel for them. Don't be discouraged by losses or anything, just try to improve.

Do this till you feel like you have a good force to start with.

Then, buy the models you want. Do some assembly and painting, and viola! Army.

Then you can expand on your force as time, energy, and money allows. I'd start with a list anywhere from 500 to 1000 points to start out with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts