Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna start a new army so i can play my misguided magic the gathering friends (stupid people don't even have troops)
i will not play any loyal goody 2 shoes imperium army or the chaos space marines (that's my current army) or the orks( my friends army)
i've been thinking about the darkeldar or the eldar (strong and fast)
or maybe even the necrons
i don't know at all
but i am on a budget so pleez suggest an army that costs less, i don't know anything about the eldar or the darkeldar so ...)
thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
First of all...Dark Eldar are one of the cheaper army...as not too many people (at least in my area) play them...if you want cheap stuff...Ebay has been my best friend...you can get plastic warriors at about $.50 a figure, and most metals at about $3.00 a figure...unpainted new in box...good stuff...

with that said...Dark Eldar are the best lol

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yeah, go with the Necrons. Cause all you really need is the army box set to get started completely. I mean this in that the Eldar box set doesn't have any aspect warriors, the Chaos box comes with Berzerkers: what if you want Thousand Sons? and so on.

·
Registered
878 Posts
You definetly want Necrons. They are cheap, easy to paint, and extremely good at infuriating friends! :p

P.S. Daemonhunters may be loyal to the emperor, but mine eat SM for breakfast.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
necrons are easy to paint, but can be expensive. its 8 bucks for 2 immortals and 25 for one destroyer. so if u get a decent sized squad of each then thats 115 right there. but i HIGHLY suggest getting the boxed army for the ncerons. its comepletly playble. u can see if u like necrons and if u want to contineu before u spend the big bucks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah! You keep telling yourself that! Apart from they look like a load of spastics with bats nests in their hair. By the way, Codex:Spastics is coming along nicely and i've started a couple of stories and playtesting.

·
Registered
167 Posts
TAU
USE DA TAU

gotta luv broadside!
and to the wacky one who sed kroot. what the heck ya goin on about
they only there for a wall (tested myself lol)
Stealth suits.
Aunshi(special ethereal incase ya didnt kno)
AND
commander farsight!

then get sum basic troops. pathfinders with a devilfish and maybe a hammerhead
or two. aint gone wrong for me yet
oh yeh 4got to say about crisis suits :0

·
Registered
54 Posts
Eldar are too expensive. You need to spend twice as much money to get an effective army. The guy that was talking about dark eldar was speaking sense, it seems reasonable. Buying retail, necrons are the cheapest, as you need the least of them, and you don't have to buy specialty units. WARNING: you can't customize necrons as much as you can other armies. Keep that in mind when making your decision.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Originally posted by carrotman@Oct 19 2003, 07:10
Yeah! You keep telling yourself that! Apart from they look like a load of spastics with bats nests in their hair. By the way, Codex:Spastics is coming along nicely and i've started a couple of stories and playtesting.
DAMN YOU JOE! When I get my proper NIGHTlORD army, I will utterly anninhilate you and your bloody ahriman.

why don't you post da codex here when it's done? what's the stats for Charles and Ridgie?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.