Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing about new assault rules and I read somewhere that they screw over the tyranids leaping ability. Can someone describe what the new rules are and how they effect the tyranids?

Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
No more then anyone else, and actually probably a good deal less since Tyranids are generally not a shooty army. The only problem is the fact that most of the gaunt weapons are 12", so the only time you'd even get a chance to shoot them is right before you assault, but thats about it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i think he means the all modle within 2" count as base to base. so ya for leaping that sucks,as the greath thing was all your modles within 2" get full attacks and not just supporting. but for lash whips :) .

XG

·
Registered
175 Posts
Um...what?

The "rock throw" rule is still in effect. Leaping is still an advantage. Without it, models outside of base to base but inside of 2" only get 1 attack.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah but the New rules does screw our Monsterous creatures and their abbility to target PF weilding vet-sergeants.

However it still is possible to kill the PF before the rest of the squad, 2inch kill zone, it is just alot harder to do so. <_<

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The best bit about the new assult rules is that after you move the closest model into base contact, you can move the rest in whatever order you like. That means you can pout the ones at the back of the squad into contact with the front of the enemy squad and the rest can envelope them, meaning less chance of models out of range to attack

·
Registered
129 Posts
i dont understand this new assault thing your talking about. you're not saying if i assault and if i can get one model in to base to base i can move the ones in the back to the front lines of the enemy? and then move the ones in the front a little bit up? thats hard to believe if my gaunt squad of 30 , 15 jump over 15 others and start fighting.

demonstration

x = enemy
1 = gaunt
2 = gaunt of same unit behind 1

xxxxxxxxx
/\
|
6in
|

(after moving)

xxxxxxxxx2

that dont make sense

·
Registered
175 Posts
The best place to get the new rules is probably the Chapter Approved books. CA 2004 just came out and it has the TVR rules as well. I'm not sure where you can get the latest and greatest version online, as GW links are typically out of date.

The rules regading starting combat state that you need to move your closest model into base to base combat first. If s/he can't make it, then you can't assult. You then move the rest of your unit up and as many as possible into BTB contact. The rest have to try to get within 2" of combat. There are other rules regarding how you can move, but they are too detailed to go into here. And pictures do a much better job of explaining it then I can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.