Librarium Online Forums banner

Would you like to see new black templars codex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2,076 Posts
I think these off shoot codexes should be consolidated again.
this started off as part of the Eye of Terror codex, all the other armies in the book were lost to the warp after that.
maybe Templars are not going to get an update or will be folded back into another book?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
maybe Templars are not going to get an update or will be folded back into another book?
I really hope that is not the case, I run a deep history with the Templars after all they were the poster boys on the 3rd edition starter set that got me started with this hobby over six years ago, I swarmed all over their initial codex when it was finally released and was content with using it for the following two- three years. About a year ago I finally jumped onto the codex marine bandwagon, and started up a dread podding army. Dont get me wrong here I do like the mechanic of the vanilla Dex but I still will always have that soft spot for Black Templars and have plans to restart them as soon as their new dex drops.

·
Registered
495 Posts
BT would potentially be a quick update, much like Blood Angels. Update the rules, maybe model a couple new models. Presto!
But, the key is finding a good release slot. I believe they have been accelerating the release schedule, but it will still be awhile.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Since this is the thread to discuss when we should expect a new Black Templars codex, I was wondering what changes, or updates anyone would expecct and or hope for? Considering the recent releases I beleive GW is going to keep with this trend of big changes, what should we expect for our beloved Templars. (I know this might be better in the rumours section but as we already have a thread here I thought I might as well use it instead of creating a whole new one, and this isnt neccasarilly rumours but what we hope to have in a new Dex.

·
Registered
36 Posts
BT would potentially be a quick update, much like Blood Angels. Update the rules, maybe model a couple new models. Presto!
But, the key is finding a good release slot. I believe they have been accelerating the release schedule, but it will still be awhile.
I agree with you in that it should be a quick update. I don't see much that I want changed, but I'd love to see a couple new models. I could totally see them tinkering with some of the BT special rules unfortunately.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i think the templars need a new codex they are formidable but i think they are in dire need of a rule update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts