Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the forum not to counts (playing 13 years now,from last days of 5th).

I just wanted to express my general feeling and dissapointment in some of the new things in the book...so:

Vampire lord: weaker overall,customized yes but not a game winner as before.
Vampire Hero: for +20pts he gets a level,good, more options very very nice
Necro: cheaper but weaker,now we depend on vamps for magic
Wight King: At last a hero worth his points,T5 with 3W at 75pts AND magic attack with killing blow and he actually has beeter ld then the vamps:0....Gav really gave us a monster.

zombies:wtf is that?r they serious?S2 T2 what a joke is this?at 4pts?give me a break.
skellies: nice,cheaper and better options.
ghouls:not really different, i really think they should have been unit size 5+.
wolves:cheaper but why oh why loose the str bonus?and not counting for core...should had an option for a full cav army.
cart:great...enough said
bats:at last cheaper

Special section is exactly the same with the only difference beeing GG with GW,at last.

varghulf:nice,it think it should have been 150pts but ok ill live with it
coach:better in general but i think the chart should have been a roll not waiting till u get 6 6s,and is it unit str 5 or not?its a riden chariot....look it up.
blood knights:game winners if used properly
wraiths:eek:k here is the biggest problem,they should have been cheaper around 45pts each and the bloody bansee should have been a single choise not a champ at 175 total.

In general the new book is ok i was expecting more in vamp powers (like +1att,+1W,AND a ward save ffs),needs tests and a FAQ.

thats all from me.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
Hello all, new to the forum not to counts (playing 13 years now,from last days of 5th).

I just wanted to express my general feeling and dissapointment in some of the new things in the book...so:

Vampire lord: weaker overall,customized yes but not a game winner as before.
Vampire Hero: for +20pts he gets a level,good, more options very very nice
Necro: cheaper but weaker,now we depend on vamps for magic
Wight King: At last a hero worth his points,T5 with 3W at 75pts AND magic attack with killing blow and he actually has beeter ld then the vamps:0....Gav really gave us a monster.

zombies:wtf is that?r they serious?S2 T2 what a joke is this?at 4pts?give me a break.
skellies: nice,cheaper and better options.
wolves:cheaper but why oh why loose the str bonus?and not counting for core...should had an option for a full cav army.
cart:great...enough said
bats:at last cheaper

Special section is exactly the same with the only difference beeing GG with GW,at last.

coach:better in general but i think the chart should have been a roll not waiting till u get 6 6s,and is it unit str 5 or not?its a riden chariot....look it up.
blood knights:game winners if used properly
wraiths:eek:k here is the biggest problem,they should have been cheaper around 45pts each and the bloody bansee should have been a single choise not a champ at 175 total.

In general the new book is ok i was expecting more in vamp powers (like +1att,+1W,AND a ward save ffs),needs tests and a FAQ.

thats all from me.
so, basically, you're whining because you can't take tons of all the really good stuff and skimp on the core as much as you wanted. Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not whining im just saying that some powers are left off from this edition,powers that made the vamps more close to the bloodlines.Carsteins for example had wolf form,now its a magic item.

as for the core,every army has an "option" if u like to get cheap core and invest the rest points somewhere else...eg Lizardmen:skinks,empire:dont even remember the names but can have 120pts in core and thats it,o&g:too many choises,HE:2 core choises,etc.

Anyway i like the fact that vampire opponents groan when they see the undead with more choises and dont know what to expect.

·
A legend in my own mind.
1,480 Posts
I like this new edition over the last. I bought the previous edition a year ago and looked it over, now after looking at the new one. I am rather impressed, i like the skills, wheras the last one it was limited to bloodline. That was neat and all, but you were still limited. you could only have one bloodline. Meaning unless you picked von carstein you were going to excel in only one area depending on the bloodline you chose

·
Registered
79 Posts
minus the zombies imo all our core is fantastic! skeletons are the backbone of my army 2 blocks in 2k with 3 corpse carts 2 units of dire wolves a 10 man unit of ghouls! 8 core in 2k np. i only take one special and 1 rare. my 3kish list is going to have 4 corpse carts and 4 blocks of skeletons! you can still min max this army as you can any army really... take 2 10 man skeleton units and take a unit of 20 blood knights... well thats extreme but you get my drift. yes most of our core doesn't count as core for the purposes of compulsory core choices but hell! 2 corpse carts with no upgrades gets you 2 core for 150 pts.... glad it doesn't count or we would see some dumb vamp lists.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The new Vampire army book is absolutely miles better than the old one.

Practically everything got better, with the exception of 4 Necromancer/Zombie Bunker lists. Personally both playing with and against VC I like it more now that every army isn't virtually the same.

It basically boils down to whether you would of prefered they remove the ability to raise them (which was seen as too good), or weaken them?
Personally I still raise them now, and they work fine.

They would of only made them 5+ if they also made them not count as minimum core. The only real reason for this change would be to allow VC players to take 120 points of core at 2k, which is exactly what they (and most players) don't want.

I actually agree here, taking the str 4 charge off them has imo made them over priced. The none core was again to stop people min-maxing, would of been nice for units of 10+ to count as minimum core though.

175 is a very reasonable price given it's abilities, if it was over priced people wouldn't take them and... Going by the number of Varghulfs people are fielding it appears you are wrong.

This must of been a hard unit for GW to give a points value to. They are incredibly good against most armies, but against certain units and lists (that ignore their ethereal ability) they are basically lost points.
Personally I think they are fine at the current points value, any less and they would need their abilities weakening which would be a shame.

I know this whole post was pretty much me saying that I think your wrong, and of course your welcome to your own opinion :) but I really don't see anything in the new book that isn't a welcome change (unless you were fielding a 4 Necro list before).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the replies, the intention of my post was to speak my mind to vamp players and basically see what they think from the new book.

and N1Ak its not about beeing wrong or right,its the fact the GW is trying with every new book to get more money not more players,the fact that most units dont count means u need to buy more boxes to make competitive list,and also in an army that numbers do count they make boxes of 10skelies,10 ghouls etc. and give 20 zombies with worst stats...
Also the new changes are indeed welcomed and enjoyed and no i was not using 4 necro list...the army is called vampire counts :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.