Librarium Online Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
This is what I was saying and being able to take beast on a level 2 skink makes them even harder hitting :D thinking of 12 so can loose a couple before you loose ranks and that's 4 attacks also you need to think about predatory fighter to you could potentially get a few more attacks there to

·
4,361 Posts
Played a Dwarf army tonight and had a cold one bus (13 w/FC), a scar-vet, and an oldblood with the sword of bloodshed and steg helm. The unit tore through a unit of hammers, warriors with great weapons, longbeards with hand weapons, and the anvil of doom. Had a little luck on my side, but it is tough as nails, especially the oldblood.

SirKently

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
That is so good :D well done and we all need a bit of luck but fortune favours the bold

Another thing why couldn't they use the dark elf cold ones they are so less gimicky

·
4,361 Posts
That is so good :D well done and we all need a bit of luck but fortune favours the bold

Another thing why couldn't they use the dark elf cold ones they are so less gimicky
The funny part was my slann only channeled twice with 3 attempts on a 5+. My two skink priests channeled 5 times during the game.

SirKently

·
Registered
330 Posts
There's been plenty of CORs conversions, since the last book.

Using the "goggle" and "bing.com" search engines, you'll find plenty of pics.

As a general opinion, it takes a bit of work, but it's well worth it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It has a good armour save (2+) and mediocre toughness (5+)...
"Mediocre toughness (5+)" sighs the Wood Elf player.

"Caesar's ghost! Has WHFB advanced to the point that a 2+ AS only rates as 'good'? Does it take a -3+ AS to be considered great or outstanding these days?" The curmudgeon asks as he turns away and starts mumbling things like, "In my day,..", "...uphill both ways...",etc.

Now when you pay as much as you do for a slaan you want to make the most out of your power dice and not using them up and a medicore random bound spell.
Has the Slann lost its ability to add a power die to each spell casting attempt? If not, then I don't see where it's too difficult for the Slann to share the power dice pool.

·
Mr Commisar to you
2,885 Posts
Yes that ability is lost. And I'm with you on the armour. 1+ seems to be the character standard now with all of the high strength around. It's about negating strength 4 which is extremely common. Str4 doesn't effect a 1+ but does change a 2+ enough to get the damage through. Thankfully there is a 1+ cap!

A

·
Registered
39 Posts
The funny thing is that if there was no +1 cap, an old blood could be kitted out to have one of the best defences imaginable. Try him on a cold one, with Stegga helm, Light armour, Shield, while mounted on a cold one which would still leave you 60 points for other magic items. *sigh* He would be -1AS meaning that even a STR 6 hit would still grant him a 2+ save. Lol. If you wanted a ward save, throw in the Armour of Destiny.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Also, it would have been nice if skinks could have also had high magic,
It would be nice if every mage, priest, shaman, etc, in the game could use High Magic but that would not make sense storywise. High Magic can be practiced only by the best mages from the best magic using races. I believe that is two, Slann-mage priests and High Elf mages.

or at least a few more lores to choose from.
I haven't seen the book but from the posts, skinks have picked up at least one, Beasts Lore, and that is an excellent one for the Lizardmen army because of Wysann's Wildform. This frees the Slann to choose another lore.

You would have thought that serving the greatest casters around would have given the option for a few more lores.
Eric Clapton, Jimmy Paige, and other very talented British guitarists have had roadies serve them by tuning their guitars and doing other tasks before performances. Some of these roadies might have been able to play all the songs, but that doesn't mean they have the ability to perform those songs in front of tens of thousands of people.

Sidewinder

21 - 31 of 31 Posts