Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with my friend and he said he might start chaos. But he was wondering if you can make your own chapters like space marines?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sure, why not? Chapters convert to Chaos all the time, not counting when a Chaos chapter splits and becomes two. Just, make sure you don't make a Chaos version of a loyalist chapter (fluffy people don't like that too much ;) ).

--smguy

·
Registered
205 Posts
smguy said:
Sure, why not? Chapters convert to Chaos all the time, not counting when a Chaos chapter splits and becomes two. Just, make sure you don't make a Chaos version of a loyalist chapter (fluffy people don't like that too much ;) ).
Hehehe, I made a chapter based off of my friend's SM chapter. Used his paint scheme and everything and then just desecrated all the symbols and added a darker coat over the top of it all to make it look chaosy, or the very least as if it had been driving around in a MN winter. He didn't think it was funny.

So yah, they don't like it much.

·
908 Posts
shoottokill said:
Hehehe, I made a chapter based off of my friend's SM chapter. Used his paint scheme and everything and then just desecrated all the symbols and added a darker coat over the top of it all to make it look chaosy, or the very least as if it had been driving around in a MN winter. He didn't think it was funny.

So yah, they don't like it much.
Ha! Brilliant! That is the greatest thing I hjave heard all day. :lol:

·
Registered
574 Posts
That just inspired me. I think I am gonna make a showcase squad of chaos Ultramarines. HAHA. It'll be hilarious. (If I ever get around to it that is :shifty: ).

Also....

grimmtu said:
Well, it's silly of them not to like it... you know. Not even the most devout servants of the Emperor are safe from the malign influence of Chaos...
I don't understand your logic. If someone is playing a loyalist chapter, its kinda wierd if you make a chaos army of that exact same chapter.

--smguy

·
876 Posts
Sure you can make your own new chaos chapters, in fact try to make them a mix of many loyalist hapters combined. reason that they were single renegades from each of the chapters that banded together. i think they might of had a index astartes on them, not sure though.

·
Festo Diata
962 Posts
Quite so, the models may look any way he might fantasize. The rules for the army is what he's after, I think.

The Chaos Legions have a boatload of resources right in the codex. There are literally tons of options. For example, you could use Assault Marines models and use the rules for a unit of Raptors, and rationalize Daemonic Visage being the horror of such a perfect warrior turning so evil. Any Guardsmen seeing Humanitys greatest and most honourable warriors warped into Chaos worship is bound to be horrified. Easy.

What kinds of specializations are you looking for in particular?

·
Librarian from Hell
4,396 Posts
As stated there is nothing stopping you or your friend to create a chaos chapter, we are all happy to see more people turning on the Emperor.
You cannot, however just make your own rules up, you'll have to choose one of the existing armies and abide to their rules. Name, paintscheme and background is very much up to you.
If you play a "pure"army, use the cult army rules "book of Tzeentch", "book of Khorne" or the others.
If you want to mix marked and undivided/unmarked units use the Black Legion rules and if you want a pure Undivided/veteran army choose one of the others (Iron Warriors, Night Lords etc) or Black Legion.
Make sure to read the codex and pay extra attention to p. 38 where it says what units can have what marks and which units will accept whom to lead them.

Good luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
I play both SM and CSM and i have noticed that i can do anything that the SM can do but with CSM.

Example the chapter traight "Take the fight to them" i alredy have that option under CSM baisic marine choices. The only thing i cant do is the "be as swift as the wind" chapter traight.

So Reserve a night to read the CSM codex cover to cover and you will see that chaos is better then the loyalists (we also get +1 ldr compared to the normal SM lol)

its just something i noticed...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Watusa said:
I play both SM and CSM and i have noticed that i can do anything that the SM can do but with CSM.

So Reserve a night to read the CSM codex cover to cover and you will see that chaos is better then the loyalists (we also get +1 ldr compared to the normal SM lol)

its just something i noticed...
Yea, but we ATSKNF. I'll take that almost anyday over +1 LDs.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ickebeebon said:
Sure you can make your own new chaos chapters, in fact try to make them a mix of many loyalist hapters combined. reason that they were single renegades from each of the chapters that banded together. i think they might of had a index astartes on them, not sure though.
Yeah, these are the red corsairs. I believe they used to be an Astartes Chapter but then they turned to Chaos and were all but annihilated by the Imperium. They then fled into the Maelstrom and were forgotten. Later, they emerged with recruites from many different loyalist chapters. THe new recruited had painted big red X's all over their armour especially over their former chapter symbol and the Imperial eagle. I have always wasnted to collect some of these guys as you can combine the best off all the SM ranges.

--smguy

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can have have pretty much any chapter turn chaotic as long as its reasonable.

Just try stay away from evil Grey Knights...
Models are nice though...

·
Librarian from Hell
4,396 Posts
G-forceJnr said:
You can have have pretty much any chapter turn chaotic as long as its reasonable.
I don't think it even has to be reasonable, you just go ahead and turn them against the emperor. Horus was afterall like the son of the Emperor, while the Emperor walked and talked. If he could fall any now living can.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think what he means by reasonable is no Chaos Grey Knights which makes sense but I agree that they would make great models... maybe I should convert a couple instead of the Ultramarines.....

Oh, I checked on the Red Corsairs. They used to be the Astral Claws, you know, the ones that started the Badab Wars. The paint scheme of the Astral Cloaws is really cool. Do a Google Images search for Astral Claws and there are come pretty cool pics.

--smguy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.