Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here it is, what do you think? Say what you think.

+HQ+

Chaos lord - 137pts

2 lightning claws, d-flight, infiltrates, d-aura, d-visage, melta bombs

+Troops+

5 CSM

Heavy bolter, MOCU, Icon - 80pts

5 CSM

Heavy Bolter, MOCU, Icon - 80pts

5 CSM

Rocket launcher, MOCU, Icon - 85pts

5 CSM

Rocket launcher, MOCU, Icon - 85pts

5 bloodletters-130

+Elites+

10 beserkers

Chainaxes - 200pts

Rhino - 58pts

Extra armour, smoke launchers

+Fast Attack+

4 raptors - 142pts

1 melta gun, all infiltrate

997pts altogether what do you think.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
In one word: suxx0rz.

5 man squads will get their asses kicked, and will earn you the label of powergamer even though you can't really expect the army to be effective. Beef em up to 7 at least.

Oddly enough the Berzerkers number 10. Would be more according to fluff if it was 8. Same goes for Bloodletters, if you insist on using those.

How do you get a 4 man Raptor squad?

·
Registered
664 Posts
ya, I somewhat agree w/ BiD. What you need is a havoc squad instead of 4 5 man squads w/ one heavy weapon. Go w/ 8 berzerkers so you can get the Asp. Champ for free. Also, make the CSM squads as close to 10 as you can, and give them a role. If you want to keep the heavy weapons in the squad, at least give another a plasma gun in the squad. That at least gives them a role on the field. The role for my squads is slaughter, I give them BP + CCW and furious charge, oh and can't forget the rhinos. Just think about everyone's role.

·
418 Posts
you can't get the aspiring champ free, unless your entire army has the mark (a complete thousand sons army , not a few thousand sons in a black legion army) i dunno, but no real point in having a rhino for berzerkers, just get an aspiring champ and get him the thing that lets you reroll blood rage. 5 man squads suck big fat juicy mandick. i play 9 man squads (thousand sons) but i think that bornindarkness is right, you need at least 7 man squads, if you are desperate for the heavy weapons, just get some havocs man! THEY LOOK COOLER! I dont' play cause the game is fun, i play cause the models and painting are cool and fun. (So what if my army sucks, raptors look cool and that's that!)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only reason that i have 5 man squads is so i can have a lots of men and heavy weapons. Do raptors count as being the lords retinue? If not I will go and get another raptor and dump a couple of beserkers for it. i no they are gonna get shot at but there is 4 squads of them! and I will probably deploy them pretty close together. Are'nt 2 squads of 10 almost the same as 4 squads of 5? But then I get heavy weapons half price. But I will think I might have 2 squads of 8 with a plasma gun and something like a missile launcher etc... Havocs cost more points(points that I dont have)

OK thanks for replies

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nawwww DaRk-InTeNtIoN your missing the point. while you can get lots of heavy weapons in the 4 squads of 5 they start to have moral problems pretty fast with the small unit counts. with 2 units fo ten you have to kill at least 3 units for a fall back test I think it is and kill 5 units for it to be half strength. (sorry but im not too familiar with these rules if im quoting them wrong). Oh and bornin I have a question if you get a chance. What are your havok squads equiped with. I dont think Ive ever seen your chaos army list. I see alot of people with the 5 man havok squads with all lazcannons but more than two lazcannons in a squad seems like overkill to me especially with tank hunter vet skill.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If your gonna have your lord on his own I would suggest giving him daemonic stature, dropping the melta bombs, and giving him a daemon weapon. The only real disadvantage of doing this is that he'll be more points and he'll be able to be shot at, but if your going to be rushing him up, he'll be 6" away from other units anyways. It's okay if he's worth more points, because he can take down almost anything. Against Space Wolves my daemon prince kills (at the very least) 1 HQ, and a ton of Space Marines, 7 or more. So, he definitely makes up for his high points cost.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My lord is with the raptors but there is only 4 as you can see. I thought that they counted as retinue. As you can see my marines have MOCU sothey dont run off so easily.

Thanks 4 replies

·
Registered
289 Posts
Here is something that i have seen a couple guys do with low point Chaos armies:

an assualt Havoc squad, which consists of at least the following:

four "Havocs" with flamers
rhino
the rest of the squad has bolt pistol and CCW.

Ask any nid player, they would not want or expect four flame templates to disembark from a rhino. just make sure you don't strand yourself and not get to charge the left over critters.

·
Registered
53 Posts
the solution is even more simple, dump the heavy weapons out of your 5 man squads, and make a havoc squad for them, so if you move with your 5 man squads you can still shoot at full power

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I could do that but where are those points coming form to do that?

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
from the heavy weapons you take out of the other squads and maybe even cut down a little on the lord or lose a marine or 2 figure out a way which works best for you, if you want my opinion, just take down one 5-man squad for it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.