Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing the chapter badge of my Remigo Chapter Marines.

Up until now I had simply used the black skull transfer on the SM transfer sheet with minor variations.

However, I don't really like transfers and I'd rather have a Chapter badge that I paint myself.

Does anyone have any ideas or inspiration for me? Check out the fluff and colours of my Remigo Chapter in the 'Honourable fellow.. etc' thread in this forum.

It would be cool if the Ultramarines badge somhow was included. See why in the fluff.

Please help me out here! I've been trying so many different badges over the last few days and I need to find the perfect one!

-Rob

·
Registered
290 Posts
I can't say its an original idea of mine, i saw it on wolfraiders website i think. He called one of his squads the "omega" squad and used ultramarine "U" decals since an inverted Ultra-U looks like the greek capital omega. That seemed like a neat idea to me.

His website with his idea is here: http://www.netmdc.com/~longfang/Subpages/C...ter_History.htm

I don't think he'll mind me pointing that out to you

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm... Yeah, but there's a Chapter in the Insignium Astartes called the Omega Marines... They use this exact badge that you suggest...

Nice suggestion though, but unfortunately it's already taken...

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Standard Codex (Vanilla) rules

·
Registered
290 Posts
Whatever you end up doing for a chapter badge, keep it simple/straight forward. I've been trying to paint on DA chapter insignia (scouts shoulders too small for decals) and its a pain in the ass. I don't know how (is it adstar?) does it with his aruora guys in the gallery...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Have to agree, trying to paint the badges will be a hell of a job.
Ofcourse, if you manage to make your own badge and paint it with great detail or whatever... they will look enourmously cool!

Have you ever played Delta force...
Look at they badge. A triangle with either a lightning or a dagger through it, how'd that look?

Eztrovia!

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vanilla is just another word for 'normal' or Codex Marines. Chapters with no special rules like for example the Ultramarines or the Imperial Fists.

·
Registered
295 Posts
oh... the Imperial Fists don't have any special rules either?

this may sound stupid, but why don't use a rule of a chapter in order to make ur army better?!

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In my opinion the Codex Chapters have the coolest rules! I think special rules are common and annoying. Personally I play codex rules with a fast assault army. It's a challenge and it's fun!

Also, I think Ultras are the coolest pre-made chapter there is (yes, I'm the one... ;) )

·
Registered
290 Posts
Also, I think Ultras are the coolest pre-made chapter there is (yes, I'm the one... ;) )
Awhh, i think he's jealous (J/K :wink: , that threads somewhere else i think)

I HIGHLY suggest a chapter badge with geometric roots, That delta idea was quality, simple but unique. Take it a step further and make each side of the triangle a different color, or a different shade of the same color.

Hey, here is a thought! There is a technique of painting where you load your brush with 2 colors at the same time to create a '3D' effect of sorts, if you could make a 3D triangle of a sorts without using putty or physical 3D things that would be Kickass!!!

as a rule straight lines, dots, an minor curves are the esiest to draw out with a brush, unless you get a spieacal brush (oops, spelling sucks). And then again if you have a shaped brush you can do some cool stuff to.

Make sure you practise on a flat piece of paper, your design, before commiting to painting miniatures!

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the ideas but I've come up with one... I'll post pics some day...

I've also changed the colour scheme slightly... Now they are grey with Lightning Bolt Blue shoulder plates...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.