Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. With an addition of some new gw paints, and the retiring of my old crappy tamiya paints, i have decided to strip many of my old space marines and form a few chapter. My basic idea was to make a Space Marine alliance, a team of about 12, having each marine be of a different chapter. Sofar im thinking of 1 black templar, 2 grey knights (since i have two already), 1 modified Angel of Redemption, 1 Invader, 1 Imperial Castelian, 1 White Panther, 1 Imperial Paladin and 1 Death strike, and maybe 1 or two other custom guys im gonna have.

These marines will represent some kind of crusade i guess since they all will fight together, and on one arm they will have their normal emblem, and on the other they will have a common emblem to represent the team itself. Im finishing my commander now, just some touchup and final glueing to do, and im almost done painting my modified Angel of Redemption (he's green and bleach bone checkered, top right green, top left bone, bottom right bone, bottom left green.) ill have some pictures up soon.

Otherwise im havin trouble thinkin up a name and an emblem for this squad. I wanted something AE so that the E can be drawn off the ride side of the A, or something. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

-Doomsday

·
Registered
98 Posts
that sounds alot like deathwatch, marines from different chapters, 1 arm displays common emblem, other displays their origanal chapter's emblem

·
The Voice of Reason
756 Posts
Yep, sounds like Deathwatch. Except that the GK aren't included in DW (they serve the Ordo Malleus, not Ordo Xenos). Their color scheme is all black with the right shoulder pad chapter-specific to the marine, and the left shoulder pad and arm bare metal (i.e. silver). They also get some special ammo upgrades and suspensors for their HB.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh kool. yeah i didnt know there was a chapter like that before.

Well im not sure yet, but im thinking of adding some kind of modification to everyone, maybe like a part of their body in a design or color that they will all share in common. When i read more into the history of the space marines, i might be able to think of a specific battle or war they were all a part of and may have some remnance of. I know i read in an old GW article that a guy was painting his new terminator set and made all his guys really old and look like they been left behind. They were so old he gave the effect that all the origional ultramarines blue paint had wore away and all was left was the black armor underneath, except each had one of two parts of their body still in UM blue to show they were a part of it. Im tryin to get the same effect, but im gonna worry about finishing these guys first.

Still tryin to think of a good AE or TE name though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ahh

Sounds very nice and alot like DW i like the idea about grey knights but you should include well known chapters in your team i.e. blood angels dark angel raven guard (of course!) etc.
I used big chapters succsessors as my Deathwatch theme and also order the pads of GW site as they look very nice on DW.

Good luck and a good idea... lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts