Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Local gaming store recieved it's preview copy of the Tau Codex, spent about 2 hours reading and discussing it with other players. I'm sure many of you will be seeing it in the next few days as well. I'll try to keep this concise, I will not be able to cover everything because there is a lot to discuss. If I screw something up please forgive me, this is all from memory.

For the most part, everything from the old Codex has been pretty much perserved in the new codex, few updates here and there. Etherals and Markerlights recieved the biggest changes, but function very similar to what used to do. Crisis suits (got a 10 point cost reduction!), Kroot, FW, function the same except for more options.

There are lots of little upgrades that arent worth mentioning, but here are some of the things that stick out. Please Ask Questions, I rember more that way.

[Copyright material removed by Knape97]
Major Changes
-Tau can Freak out when Etheral dies (gain prefered enemy: bad guys)
-Etheral gets a "honor guard" of [Copyright material removed by Knape97]
-Shai'ui are SUCICDE BOMBERS (wtf?) now (When Tau fall back in CC remove the Shas'ui for a S8 Ordnance blast, PREVENTS Tau from being run down)
-Tau Skimmers can block line of sight if they sit still for the turn
-Disruption pods now give hull down
-Markerlights can do a lot more
-Pathfinder DF can guide Deep striking units (re-roll scatter)

Fixes
-Kroot Hounds (0-something) and Krootox(0-3) are now "taken in addition too"
-Shield drones work

New Stuff
-Sniper drones have stealth fields
-Crisis suit TL can have FEEL NO PAIN (wtf?)
-"Flechette gun" Cyclonic Ion Gun, [Copyright material removed by Knape97]
-Crisis suits can now hit and run (with upgrade)

No Go's
-Tetras
-Sept Traits
-Power weapons (Thank goodness)

·
Registered
499 Posts
That Suicide Bomber skill is awesome. I am definatly going to use lots of small fire teams. Was there any thing about all units in a Fire Teams being able to take Pulse Carbines?

I am jealous. Now I gotta head up to my GW tomorrow to check it out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Badger...where are you at? US? UK? CAN? I dont think the US will see this codex yet. Any idea when the bigger release will be made?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Da Mighty Camel said:
Yes there are, altough you no longer guess the range.
Shouldn't it just say "Barrage", then?

·
The Orange Grey Knight
4,777 Posts
Alright, got a list of questions just for you!

- Do disruption pods still reduce range as they do now?
- Why Does only the Crisis teams 'Team Leader (TL) get to have feel no pain? If anything based on the way suits work, they don't 'feel pain' in a sense, guess it's more for balance reasons?
- Are there 2 Stealthsuit (VX-15 and VX-25) Entries? or just one?
- When the Shas'ui detonates, the blast is placed right over the enemy or where he was beofre falling back?
- Can you be a bit specific about what Markerlights do in the new Codex?

I'd ask more, But I think you may be overwhelmed! :D

Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can you tell me the points and AP for the Cyclonic Ion Gun and if Iridium plates actually exist. If so, are they a hard point option and how many points do they cost. Is the base cost for the Shas'O the same?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do they have a copright on the stats of the Cyclonic Ion Gun? No, I think not. What do you know about laws. not saying I know that much either.........

·
Registered
74 Posts
He can still answer the AP and iridium existing part because he already said str and other things existing.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Kratos said:
Do they have a copright on the stats of the Cyclonic Ion Gun? No, I think not. What do you know about laws. not saying I know that much either.........
I'm quite sure that GW has copyrights on everything they publish. Posting specific point costs would be against this forum's rules, but stats should be okay since GW will probably make a quick-reference sheet containing model and weapon stats freely available anyway. They've already done that for existing codices. . .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, in that case. Can I please have the stats for the Cyclonic Ion Gun and could you please tell me if Iridium Armour Plates exist? Oh, and if the Tau Commanders stats are the same......

·
Registered
171 Posts
Librarian Augustine said:
I assume you left out the piranha, vespids, skyray and that prophet ertheal on floating chair
Yes, I left them out because much of the specualtion was accurate

Pirhana: Fast Vehicle, [Copyright material removed by Knape97], Burst cannon and drones, pretty much a fast Devilfish

Vespids: Wings and Fleet, [Copyright material removed by Knape97]

Skyray: Bunch of Seekers and Makerlights strapped to a Hammerhead chassis

Aun'Va (The Space Pope): Lots of crazy and stupid rules, gives[Copyright material removed by Knape97]. To much to remeber and don't want to acknowledge his existence.

o`shovah said:
:yes: ,does farsight have any changes and is shadowsun really in a experimental stealth suit
Farsight has a few changes, I think he can take more body guards (7?). He can give Preferred Enemy: Ork, he still has some of the limitations though.

Yes, Shadowsun does have a Experimental Stealth Suits

I wasn’t paying much attention to special characters honestly

MiketehFox said:
Alright, got a list of questions just for you!

- Do disruption pods still reduce range as they do now?
- Why Does only the Crisis teams 'Team Leader (TL) get to have feel no pain? If anything based on the way suits work, they don't 'feel pain' in a sense, guess it's more for balance reasons?
- Are there 2 Stealthsuit (VX-15 and VX-25) Entries? or just one?
- When the Shas'ui detonates, the blast is placed right over the enemy or where he was beofre falling back?
- Can you be a bit specific about what Markerlights do in the new Codex?

I'd ask more, But I think you may be overwhelmed! :D

Mike
-No
-Why to Tau get Feel on pain to begin with?
-Just one, there the same in every respect. Though you can give 1 in 3 t[Copyright material removed by Knape97] points.
-From the Shas’ui I believe
-When you hit with a ML, place a counter on the target. You may remove counters to...

Kratos said:
Can you tell me the points and AP for the Cyclonic Ion Gun and if Iridium plates actually exist. If so, are they a hard point option and how many points do they cost. Is the base cost for the Shas'O the same?

Please forgive me if this is a bit vague, but I dont want the thread to get closed for Copyright infringment.

·
Registered
74 Posts
One final question, did you get a definate release date for the U.S, if that is where you live. The people in Australia have a definate release date for the First of March.

·
Boiiing!
1,564 Posts
Despite being unreleased, the new Tau codex is still a copyrighted publication.

As such, all forum and legal restraints on posting from these sources should still be followed.

Any more posting of rules and the thread will be locked. You can talk about new units / skills / vehicles, but you should not post stats, points, or special rules.

Many Thanks

Knape97

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.