Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Destroyer of Worlds
346 Posts
I just want to see basic things... like more than ONE troop choice that is really viable. IST's are good for late grabbing of objectives, but they will simply fall over if a strong breeze comes around. We need something that compliments the SoB.

I'd like to see more use out of the elite section. Celestians are the only thing that anyone runs. Yes they are awesome, give us something else to choose from, because everyone is running, basically, the same list.

I just want variety in the FOS that we have now. Make Repentia worth having around, because they are terrible. Make Penitent Engines more reliable. I don't care anything about ISTs on bikes, or drop pods (which I hope that we don't get).

I am with anyone else who thinks they are going to combine the GK book and our book. I can't say that I am super happy about that. I like the really unique feel of the Ladies. It would also lend it self to a nerf or at least a severe overhaul of the Faith system, and that is what makes our army so nice to play.

Clean up our Codice, give us some more units that actually work in each slot and call it a day. If they want to put GKs in with us, that's cool. Don't water down the Sisters when you do it, and make the Knights more like us, not us more like them.

We aren't an assualty army. There are enough out there already, hopefully we can stay the way we are.

·
Destroyer of Worlds
346 Posts
Personally I'd REALLY dislike that.

My personal preference would be:
The SoB in the correct slots as standard, except for troops.
The GK's in the correct slots as standard, except for troops. (Maybe a new addition)
Some DW in the correct slots, except for troops.
And each Ordo Millitant HQ unlock the respective troops.
A bunch of specialized/radical choices.
=I='s and IST as basic troops/elite/HQ (in each respective slot).
This would make for a pile of different and interesting/ nice lists...

lol wut?

what exactly is "the correct slots"

·
Destroyer of Worlds
346 Posts
One thought - it'd be nice to see failed faith checks not cost a point. Why? Because it'd encourage players to 'take a shot' at using faith in improbable circumstances, spreading a few points around rather than hording them for the sure thing.
Eh... not so sure about this.

The idea about faith points is interesting too- you make a good point about encouraging risky uses of faith. I wonder how much that would impact the strength of the army.

IMO. That would break the army. The point of faith is to get you out of a jam, or to make your unit crazy powerful, on demand. If you say that if you fail the test of faith then you aren't charged a faith point, then you should take away martyrdom because you won't need it.

Faith is what makes the army such a difficult army to play. It is all about management. You have to budget your faith and try to find a good balance between rending flamers and the chance of needing invul saves next turn. We don't want to be another marine army, not having to worry about anything other than getting into shooting range and then not getting assaulted.

Being free to try to Divine Guidance your squads every turn because you aren't concerned about losing faith when you fail, is bad. I will be waiking around with sqauds of 10 with invul saves and sqauds of 3 with rending flamers. Not because I NEED them, but because it doesn't cost me anything if I don't get them.

All of life is about choices, and weighing the risks. This should be the same.

·
Destroyer of Worlds
346 Posts
Perhaps an HQ option that lets the player take a long shot _once_ each turn

- the original line was poorly thought out/written, the intention wasn't to end up with a whole load of squads taking shots at the unlikely faith rolls but rather to encourage players to try for the occasional 'miracle' roll, just to spice things up.
Isn't that what the Litanies of Faith does already? With the exception that it is once a game, not once a turn.

·
Destroyer of Worlds
346 Posts
What about changing to something like as the squad gets whittled down the girls left become more and more faithful. Like they have been chosen to hang out at the end of the battle or something. Or because their sisters have fallen on the battle field. Blah blah blah.

That way.. as your squads go from 10->3 we could say something like

"When a third of the squad remains the remaining sisters place such a high belief that they have been chosen for great things that they my take tests of faith on 3d6 or 4d6."

That way... you aren't really saying that the first fail or somesthing is free... but you are still encouraging risky acts... like Divine Guidance on squads of 3 or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.