Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm with you ikbuh- I still use the chapter approved rules from the second book of the astronomicon to represent priests when I play friendly games and my opponents approve; that lets you differentiate between confessors, missionaries and priests.

As for a combined codex, it could be good, but I really fear oversimplification if they try to combine two books in one; they may also try and throw in some material about the Ordo Xenos to further complicate things.

I hope that they maintain the unique feel of the inquisitors of the various orders, rather than creating a single one size fits all inquisitor. New codices are sometimes as much of a curse as they are a blessing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow- I agree with your wish list there ikbuh, but it's a really tall order. There's no way gw will get all of that right, especially if they do a combined dex. I guess the one thing that I do disagree on is that I wouldn't mind drop pods; I don't know if I'd actually use them, but fluff wise, I've always wondered how sisters make planetfall. Personally, I'd like to see an air unit, like a valkerie or a thunderhawk rather than drop pods, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm still planning on converting a valkyrie to make it look like a sisters vehicle (lots of bits from the Sanctum Imperialis).

And Fizzics, I agree with a lot of what you've said too- I think your expectations are a little more likely to be satisfied by the new dex, just because your wish list is smaller. Regarding your comment on elites, if they could fix the repentia and make them a viable choice, I'd be quite happy; all they really have to do is drop the points cost.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would like to see them become popular- at least popular enough that we get some formations and legendary units for apocalypse instead of GW just telling us to use the SM and IG units.

I'd like us to be popular enough to have a flyer. (although they really should hurry up and release a plastic Thunderhawk)

I'd like us to have a battleforce box set, or Emperor forbid an entry level one and a big one like the orks and SM do.

We've talked in the WH threads about using Penitent Engines in large numbers- imagine getting 3 plastic penitent engines in a box for the same price as sentinels.

Would it bother me if everyone played inquisitors? No, because if the codices and kits sold out everytime they hit the shelves, GW would release a codex for each Ordo. Emperor forbid we get a codex for each order of the sororitas; I know it'll never happen, but why not? The bloody SM have had codices for five of their chapters.

An Inquisition Superheavy! Bring it on.

The only thing I fear is a) a new codex nerfing/ watering down the unique units we all know and love b) new sculpts of existing models which look worse than the originals.

·
Registered
174 Posts
These are some great ideas A.T.- I particularly like the palatine who could be a mistress and the hieromartyr.

The idea about faith points is interesting too- you make a good point about encouraging risky uses of faith. I wonder how much that would impact the strength of the army.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Good points on the martyrdom and the litanies there fizzics; I really like the mechanic of martyrdom- I mean it sucks to lose an upgrade character, but it just feels so right given the fluff of the army. It would definitely detract from the flavour of the army if martyrdom was eliminated or even marginalized.

As for the litanies of faith, we never go to war without one (unless I'm fielding the Precinct 17 army, which has no sisters).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.