Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i don't like mec so i wont be using any transports. I also think that this can win games and will just need some tweaking in my opinion . It 1850 and all help is welcome.

Archan w/ Punisher, Shadow field, Trophy rack 110
10 grotesques 150
10 mandrakes 150
10 mandrakes 150
13 warriors w/ 2XDark lance 124
13 warriors w/ 2Xsplintercannons, 2XBlasters 134
3 bikes w/ 2Xshredders 105
10 scourages w/ 4X splinter cannons 240
Talos 100
Talos 100

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would say this list is almost viable, but then I see the point total. At that level, most other armies can reliably take more than enough to wipe out T3, +5 armor infantry. On top of that, the lack of mobility (except for the bikes and scourges) is really going to hurt you. The maximum range on any of your weapons is 36"; every other army in the game can outrange that.

After thinking about it for a minute, your best bet for a non-mech list might be a bike-heavy army. Those are the only things with the speed and firepower to make much of a difference without a raider.

And take out the scourges. At that point cost, you could get another warrior squad and a talos, a much better buy.

·
Resident Mongoose
797 Posts
Six dark lances is also not going to cut it at this point level. Any mech list is going to run all over you. Even with more dark lances a mech list will run you over. I don't think you have the mobility and/or firepower necessary. If I'm wrong, feel free to let me know, as I am curious as to how this will turn out.

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So dark eldar can only work in one way? Or have people just not tried this kind of list out before. Just curious as to why people think i dont have enough fire power? I got alot of shreeder and 6 DL are more then enough to take out what i need to and them just splinter cannon him. I will need to see first

·
Resident Mongoose
797 Posts
You're trying for a gunline backed up by counter assault/meat shields, but I don't think DE can take enough people or have enough long ranged weapons to make it feasible.

I count 8 splinter cannons, 4 shredders, 4 blasters, and six dark lances. In an 1850 mech list, there will be about 9 dissintagrators, 12+ dark lances, and an assortment of assault weapons, probably about what you currently have.

The problem comes down to this:
I don't think you have enough dark lances to stop a fully mechanized army. Tau, SM, IG, SoB, they will all either close range and kill you or blow you away at range.
I don't think you have enough long range firepower to kill a horde army. Orks will wreck you in close combat, especially with a properly timed Waagh!. IG will shred you at a distance.
I don't think you can outshoot a gunline, especially with only short ranged anti-infantry firepower.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
So dark eldar can only work in one way? Or have people just not tried this kind of list out before. Just curious as to why people think i dont have enough fire power? I got alot of shreeder and 6 DL are more then enough to take out what i need to and them just splinter cannon him. I will need to see first
Due to the fact that the codex is so old, and the rules have changed quite a bit since 3rd edition, I'd say there is almost only one way in which the current list can work in a competitive environment. You may be able to get away with a WWP list as well, but otherwise, mech is where it's at. Any list can work, technically, but there's a reason most people prefer only one or two styles of list.

Hopefully once there's a new codex, it will be better!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
277 Posts
My current army tries not to use to many vehicles but have found that this doesn't really work so I have added a few in to make it viable. The things I have noticed are that assult weapon warrior squads need more men in to be survivable than the sniper squads. The next thing I would do is switch the blaster on the warriors with the shredders on the bikes the bikes will work brilliantly on vehicles and the warrior squads you would have created will be great at mowing down other light infantry. The scourges are really not worth it as you have little that can take out Marines and equivilants so for half the cost I would put in a three disintegrator ravager with shadow field and pick up 100 extra points.

I take it that your lord will be with the grotesques which will make him incredibly survivable but he is severly lacking in offensive power as he has no grenades and as such losses the power in a charge against cover the grotesques also have no way of negating cover. also you have probably about a 50% chance of running down an enemy after combat at best. what I would suggest was trying to work out some points so you use a heamonculus with a webway portal with the grotesques and then a dracon with wyches instead of the second mandrake squad or incubi in the portal with the talosses(taloi?) and come out of it with force.

Just my thoughts but its your army play it how you want and either way I would like to here your results

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Portal sounds like a cool idea and wil try it after i play with this list as is. I like scourges as they offer me mobile fire and a nice save to boot, also handy to contest in late game. They can pump out a max of 38 shots, which can pummel alot of stuff. Grenades ill will get and about the grotesque feel no pain, do they get feel no pain in combat or is that just against shooting.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The grotesque feel no pain is only against shooting. I will give you this the scourge unit will be incredibly effective against guard but against marines or chaos the two most popular armies they have little affect comparatively for their points cost. The other great advantage of a portal for you is that your opponent will be forced to waste anti tank points as for the first couple of turns with your talosses in a portal he will target your infantry.

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here will be my portal list which will also go under you changes

Archan w/ Punisher, Shadow field, , plasma Grenade,portal 160
10 grotesques 150
10 mandrakes 150
10 witches w/2 shredders,wyche wepons 150
Beast master w/5 dogs 75
Talos 100
Talos 100
Talos 100

·
Registered
277 Posts
I like the idea but your wyches need grenades and a succubus to make them effective. It also helps to give the portal to a haemonculus with the grotesques to allow him to join the wyches and be incredibly effective.

·
527 Posts
Not to be mean but these are less "New" takes on Dark Eldar but are instead what people used to run in 3rd/4th ed. I loved the WWP in 4th but found that it was unusable in 5th against a savvy opponent. The new LOS rules just make it to hard to hide portal carrier and the fact that the game can end on turn 5 just doesn't give you enough time to do what needs to be done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts