Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys returning to play as a few of my mates have just started up and we are looking at playing 1000 point lists and will be playing against high elves, WOC and maybe empire or skaven. Just wanted some pointers on this list :D

thanks in advance :)

MasterHeavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Shield
Lance
Cold One
Total: 100

Master
Battle Standard Bearer
Gambler's Armor
Sea Dragon Cloak
Great Weapon
Total: 123

Darkshards
10 Warriors
Shields
Musicain
Total:140

Dark Riders
5 Riders
Shields
Repeater Crossbows
Musicain
Total: 110

Cold One Knights
5 Knights
Standard Bearer
War Banner
Total: 195

Black Guard
Standard Bearer
Razor Standard
toatl: 205

Doomfire Warlocks
total: 125

Total: 998

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Hi mate, welcome.
I would drop the none BSB master in favor of a Lvl2 wizard. A dispel scroll and ruby ring of ruin will do fine on her. Metal or dark magic should do fine.
I would also swap the war banner for the standard of discipline so LD10 should stop stupidity.
I would also go for a halberd on the bsb and armour of destiny. He gets a better ward and still keeps his re-rolls with the halberd.
And last but not least, I would drop the black guard as 10 combat infantry will do close to nothing. I would get more Darkshards or dark riders if you could.
I hope this helps.
Lucas

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the quick reply :) I have dropped the other master and put a Level 2 Sorc so the list looks like
Sorceress (Metal)
Level 2
Ruby Ring of Ruin
Dispel Scroll
Total:165

Master
Battle Standard Bearer
Armour of Destiny
Sea Dragon Cloak
Halberd
Total: 169

Darkshards <-- Sorc
10 Warriors
Shields
Musicain
Total:140

Dark Riders
5 Riders
Shields
Repeater Crossbows
Musicain
Total: 110

Cold One Knights <-- BSB now in here?
5 Knights
Standard Bearer
Standard of Discipline
Total: 175

Cold One Chariot
Total: xxx

Doomfire Warlocks
total: xxx

Total: 999

I have added the Chariot because i am worried about facing demi knights / WOC knights. From what ive remembered they where a pain to deal with before, but would the chariot cut it?

Also when taking a squad of Dreadspares or Black Guard what number does it take for them to become viable?

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
30+
The chariot is good but vs knights. It will chew infantry.
Lore of metal will deal with knights.
The list looks a lot better now pal.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
At 1000pts you have to much magic my 1000pts has 5 naked knights master on cold one 3 cold one chariots 20 crossbow men and 5 warlocks use warlocks to lower tough then pin cushion.

other wise drop doom locks keep level 2 metal as only character. Have you considered excutioners? strength 6 will chop apart the demis and knights before they hit back and have killing blow against the chaos knights.

you could have 24 excutuioners standard, 5 cold ones standard champ with banner of disipline, 5 warlocks, 20 xbowmen with shields standard and a master on cold one great weapon heavy armour sea dragon cloak think that leaves you with a few points to you have 3 combat blocks 40 shots and they are suprisingly effective, they start in a 10 by 2 formation and if closed for combat reform 5x4 for a fight. your excutioners will slap face.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As i will be playing empire mostly as I flat with the guy here the link to his army list http://www.librarium-online.com/for...-player-1000-points-friendly-competitive.html
hope its ok to link in this fourm :)

i am trying not to make a list that will face roll as its no fun for the other person plus using lists that we can expand on, As i have not played in years we are basically new to the game.

So i am trying to keep these two lists even if you know what i mean. Do you think these two lists would be even?

I was looking at executioners as i love the model but i didn't want all my points tied up in block of troops

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The thing is that's great just playing your friend but start playing other people and they will have blocks as at the moment that's what it's geared towards. It's very hard to play msu now friend of mine with skaven takes 2 blocks of 60 slaves at 1000pts nearly unbreakable. I know it's friendly so you don't have to optimise to much but I would play with a more standard list to get to grips with maneuvering the units and general combats lasting more than a turn. Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts