Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys so I have been trying a few ideas from the new book what do you think.

Heroes

Thane
BSB
Master Rune of Groth one eye (stubborn within 12")

Master Engineer
Master Rune of Gromril (1+SV)
Rune of Fury(+1 attack)

Core

50 Longbeards
Shields
Rune of Sanctuary X3 (Magic resistance 3)
Command

18 Thunderers
Shields

Special

Cannon
Master rune of Disguise (Hard cover)
Rune of forging (re-roll arty dice)
Rune of burning (flaming)

Rare

Organ Gun
Rune of Forging
Rune of Accuracy

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd trade your thunderers for iron drakes. You have plenty of core with the long beards. Both iron drakes and thunderers will usually be hittin on 5's but the iron drakes are going to mow things down when they hit. Give heavy cav and monsters fits.

I'd also use a different bsb load out. Don't need to be stubborn with in 12 if you only have the one combat unit. If your 50 long beards lose steadfast your probably about out of the game anyway. Give him the master rune o 4+ ward (gives his unit a 5++ against shooting and magic missles.) and banner of +1 combat Rez. That should stack with your mr 3 for a 2++ agains magic missles. Only a 4++ against direct damage though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, incidentally had my first battle with the new book
today and got slaughtered by wood elves. I will consider the drakes when I have the money for them, and will change out the banner it it was useless lol.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No he didn't move at all really, he had 60 ish glade guard behind walls (6 walls in his deployment) but really it was down to bad rolls really, flaming cannonball bounced off a treeman, the thunderers failed a terror check when charged and were caught and then he basically out shot me as he managed to kill organ gun turn 2

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Just some bad luck you should take a gyro bomber against that then watch them try hide hahaha also how did they get 3 walls in their deployment

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha I will have to try that.

And I play at my local GW we have a random terrain generator basically roll a dice to see what bit of terrain you get e.g wood building wall etc and then you get D3 of that item so he managed to get 3

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
You should proxy he won't hide and elves with no armour will die very easy :D

Ahhhhhh unusual rule but I can see that being a pain hard cover -2 to hit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts