6 Howling Banshees w/ Exarch, Executioner, Acrobat
w/ Wave Serpent w/ EML Spirit Stones

5 Wraithguard w/ Warlock, Destructor, Witchblade
w/ Wave Serpent w/ Scatter Laser, Spirit Stones

HEAVY SUPPORT

Falcon w/ EML (Fire Dragons go in here), Holo Field
Fire Prism
Fire Prism

I don't have any friends that play with Eldar so I need advice on a strategy.
My Strategy to date is to stay put until confronted then disembark my troops let them shoot then reembark then move my transports and tanks. I need help that plan can be altered or scrapped. Also if you have some advice on my army list that would be good. Please consider I am a complete newb to 40k so I do not know some of the rules, but I have a codex.

·
Registered
362 Posts
my thoughts, comparing a falcon to a waveserpent i would rather buy a dedicated waveserpent for the fire dragons.

wraithguard are tough, but unless you really want to spend 250 points on a tarpit i would replace them. eldar transports are better than most people's heavy support, i prefer to run a second squad of banshees or strinking scorpions

·
Registered
154 Posts
yeah, waveserpents have better survivability from what I've seen, and I really am not a fan of the wraithguard as you have them... I might drop them entirely for another troop choice or so. That way you have more chances to grab objectives. Pathfinders are a personal favorite.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i disagree there on the wraith guard i find them to be fantastic for high AV vehicles like land raiders and monoliths. i use a five man squad with a warlock that has conceal and singing spear.

however in my experience i learned that no one charges banshees so giving them acrobat is fairly useless instead i would try to bulk out that banshee squad a little. other than that i think the list is great

·
Registered
87 Posts
Guessing that this is 1500 points, sorry if it says that somewhere, looks around that region

At 1500 you might want to have an extra troop choice in there, just something to think about and I would agree with the suggestion of trying to expand the banshee squad

Also on the tactic point part of the bonus of having that many fast skimmers is your manoeuvrability so you might want to rethink sitting and waiting for your opponent to come to you, also your vehicles perform much better if you can keep them on the move, or at least thats what i have found

·
Registered
5 Posts
This list looks really good, i would reccomend you get rid of your wraithguards, they sound amazing but from experience they are not that amazing. I would add a banshees squad as well and maybe another guardian squad to get more objectives.
Hope this helped

-Убийца

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.