Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So ive been tinkering around with eldar for a while now. Made a great list, or so i thought. but now i see that most of my choices are looked down upon.

Finnaly there is a game shop in town doing the 40k thing and im looking to get in on the action, alas i dont think my old list would work well. So here i am asking for some help and ideas for crafting my force.

Here is what I have avalible:

HQ
2 Autarchs, with all options avalible including bike
2 Farseers one on foot one with bike
7 warlocks 3 with spears, no bikes avalible

Elite
10 Banshees plus 2 exarchs with all the trimmings (including triskele, that was fun to make)
6 harlies tho I am willing to purchase a jester and seer

Troops
20 total guardians 2 platforms with all the options
10 rangers

Fast attack
4 shining Spears plus exarch
10 spiders plus 2 exarchs

Heavy support
4 reapers plus exarch
Wraithlord with BL EML and sword modeled (yes i know you can only have 2)
3 walkers with all the options
1 fire prism

I'm looking to build a 1500 point list. My initial list put an autarch with the spears and one with a 6 man squad of spiders of which i had 2. The bikes and spiders would smash into Meqs and withdraw. Good times. Too bad it was a very fragile list. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
1,059 Posts
You have no transports so the list would have to be footslogging which tends to be alot harder. Based on what you have you could try for a gunline outflank list. 2 units of rangers/pathfinders and a unit of guardians with a warlock for troops making your firebase with the wraithlord built for AT babysitting them. Then go for the warpspiders with an autarch attached, and the walkers outflanking (I like them with shuriken cannons if I outflank them ). Perhaps a farseer to sit in the firebase units for doom/guide/fortune ( any of them can be very helpful ). I don't think you would be at 1500 yet so you could slide in the shining spears, hold them in reserve and use them as a counter charge unit when they come on from your table edge. Or the dark reapers could add more firepower. Harlies with a shadowseer can also work as a counter charge unit if you want to include them.

Anyway that would be the type of list I would try for based on the models you have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heavy support
4 reapers plus exarch
1 fire prism
You have 4 heavy support options :O
----------
i would reccomend buying a box of 4 guardians and have 2 squads of 12 with 1 warlock with conceal in each. that way you will not be bogged down and your opponent will have to split fire. wraithlords are great if you can get there quick enough. Best trick for me is to assign each unit roles- e.g. in my ambush army you're helping me with, karandras with the scorpions to rip any fast unit to shreads, pathfinders to pin large units etcetra

·
Registered
26 Posts
I see you having two options for a list:

1. Double farseer council list.

2. Double autarch reserve list.

Two questions first though; how much are you willing to spend on models? and do you have any Wave Serpents?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm not willing to spend much, as currenly funds are tight. I just converted my prism to a falcon so i have a single transport, and im trying to get myself a single serpent.

Heres what im thinking This is rough, so i havent actualy added it up.

Falcon w/ BL or scatter... dont know which would be best, but i seem to lack anti armor.
Farseer, with stones and RoWitness with guide and fortune w/ 5 locks, 1 spear, 3 destructors, 1 embolden, 1 enhance.

OR

Same falcon
6 Harlies, W/ 5 kisses and master w/ pw

TL BL serpent
10 banshees, exarch w trisk or executioner and war shout

6x or 10x spiders, exarch w/ deathspinner x2 and withdraw

Im thinking of converting my spears into guardians. that would give me a squad of 5. But it seems this unit would only be good at late game table grabs.

2x10 guardian squads with eml and lock with conseal and spirit seer for Lord

2x5 pathfinders or 1x10

Wrathlord w/ bl eml

3x walkers with 6x scatter

Autarch with either the banshees, the spiders or bike guardians
OR
Bike mounted Farseer with bike guardians--- this unit either sits back and guides the dakka or i was thinking a mind war build that swoops around the table poping guys :)

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
So ive been tinkering around with eldar for a while now. Made a great list, or so i thought. but now i see that most of my choices are looked down upon.

Finnaly there is a game shop in town doing the 40k thing and im looking to get in on the action, alas i dont think my old list would work well. So here i am asking for some help and ideas for crafting my force.

Here is what I have avalible:

HQ
2 Autarchs, with all options avalible including bike
2 Farseers one on foot one with bike
7 warlocks 3 with spears, no bikes avalible

Elite
10 Banshees plus 2 exarchs with all the trimmings (including triskele, that was fun to make)
6 harlies tho I am willing to purchase a jester and seer

Troops
20 total guardians 2 platforms with all the options
10 rangers

Fast attack
4 shining Spears plus exarch
10 spiders plus 2 exarchs

Heavy support
4 reapers plus exarch
1 fire prism

I'm looking to build a 1500 point list. My initial list put an autarch with the spears and one with a 6 man squad of spiders of which i had 2. The bikes and spiders would smash into Meqs and withdraw. Good times. Too bad it was a very fragile list. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First I have to say I would make that prism back into a prism. Once you start buying models and building tough lists you wont be using falcons with this codex probably.

First and foremost we have to decide what HQ choice to use. Now I suppose we can go double Autarch, 1 being with some shining spears for a 1 hit wonder, Double Farseers, or 1 of each, or just 1 or the other.

Being as you have no transports. We will have to go for a static gun line.

I would build a list with the 3 war walkers and guide seer hanging with them, Scatter lasers or shuriken cannons will do the job.

The take the Autarch and a warp jump generater and put him with a squad of warp spiders with dual spinners, power blades and with draw. Deep strike these bad boys onto the field. I would give the Autarch a fusion gun , power weapon and mandiblasters.

Take the 20 Guardians and give them either scatter lasers or EML, place them in cover. If you can put a warlock in there. either embolden or conceal. Whichever you see more fit.

Put the wraithlord by the guardians with a warlock and upgrade it to a spirit seer, give the lord a EML and BL.

Take that prism or the 4 dark reapers.

stuff in some rangers for MC wounding.

If you have any points left , which i doubt, stuff in shining spears or the harlies with a shadow seer with VoT and death jester for shooting from your gun line, then use harlies as counter assault unit when something gets by your gun line.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so i bought a serpent woot. now the wife has my wallet and wont give it back :)

whats your thought on this...

Farseer with doom and fortune, runes and stones.
5 warlocks, 1 spear, 3 destructs, 1 embolden, 1 enhance
packed into a BL field and stoned Falcon

10 banshees exarch with trisc for guard and eldar executioner for everything else, warshout acro.
In a serpent with TL BL and stones

10 guardians with EML and warlock with seer

10 pathfinders fielded as 1x10 or 2x5

Wraithlord with BL and EML

2 War Walkers with scatter.

Guardians and Wraithlord hold objective
Pathfinders either assist guardians or move to capture objectives with scout infiltrate outflank... whatever works
Farseer and banshees either seek and destroy or counter charge
Walkers outflank, or support gun line. I wanted 3 walkers but couldnt get the last one in points wise.

1500 points even... thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.