Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question about the new codex and models coming out for tau. is there going to be new models for all the units or just models for new types of units? also, is the new codex going to replace the old one all together or just add on to it? thanks to those who clarify this for me. i like clarity.

·
Shrubs for the Blood God
1,144 Posts
There arn't any real for sure answers but I can say in all likely hood that FW's, Kroot, DF, HH are all probably gonna stay the same. This new dex is adding a few new units, revaming the rules for a few units that were having trouble and giving a few more wepon options to Crisis loadouts. This new dex isn't going to be a supplement, its going to be an entirely new codex as far as I can understand.

Clear as mud right....welcome to the Games Workshop universe.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I was under the impression that though they are adding a couple new units, the new dex would be more of a supplement than an entirely new dex since the biggest changes will be new rules for current units, and revamps of old rules.

as to the question at hand. No, there will probably not be new FW models as all the pics of the new models in an army contain the old FW models. Also FW's arent going to be getting revamped to much in the new 'dex as far as I know since there werent really any problems with them before. So there would't really be a need to get new models.

·
Registered
664 Posts
only thing i could see being changed in FW squads is maybe be able to add a sniper drone like you can add shield and attack drones on your shas'ui,and maybe get a special weapon in there squad(small version of a missile pod,rail rifle..i dunno lol)

·
With Oden On Our Side...
1,137 Posts
Official Word from store owner...take that as you like.

Complete NEW codex - Yes, this is not a supplement.
New Fire Warrior Models - None that I have heard of

I haven't heard ANYWHERE that it is a supplement. At the very beginning we thought it might be, since our stuff was so new, but that suspicion was apparently wrong.

Currently, no new Fire Warrior models have been seen. There ARE new Stealth Suits, a new box for Command Suits, a new unit (Vespids), new Ethereal Models, and two new characters. Plus the Piranha and Sky Ray look to be in the new codex, and not just a Forge World thing now.

...That should catch you up on the basics. There are supposedly (confirmed?) new rules for Markerlights, new options for Broadsides and Crisis suits, a new Heavy Support option (sniper drone team), a new weapon or two for the Commander, and Kroot Oxen and Kroot Hounds are now an Upgrade for Kroot Carnivore squads and not a seperate entry in the FOC.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well, there's been no word about it... yet... But I think they'll make some new Firewarriors before summer this summer, but first they have to take the time to design them. Deside if they shall have special equipment etc. My bet is that most of the models will get a remake after some time, juat take a good look at the Marines, Chaos, Imperial guard, Tyranids. Most of them have gotten a compleatly new set of models and Tau probably will to within time. But for now I guess we wont see any new Firewarriors on the battlefront...

·
Registered
419 Posts
I really wish they would make firewarriors a little better, maybe if they reduced their strength and increased their ballistic skill. That would be ok with me.. but then they'd have to increase WS across the board wouldnt they.. Well, at least we get usefull markerlights soon.

·
Registered
739 Posts
ok i have said this in another tread but anyway i got this info from white dwarf so if it turns out to be wrong blame white dwarf

the following items are known not to be changing in the tau codex

fire warriors
pathfinders (with out railguns )
hammerhead
devilfish
xv8 crisis suit
there taking about modles not rules

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah but thats only for the release! Do you seriously think that they'll keep the 5 YEARS old Firewarrior moddels until 5:ed? Hardly, just give it some time. they'll come to us...

·
Registered
664 Posts
StevenSane said:
I really wish they would make firewarriors a little better, maybe if they reduced their strength and increased their ballistic skill. That would be ok with me.. but then they'd have to increase WS across the board wouldnt they.. Well, at least we get usefull markerlights soon.
that would be horibly overpowered.a guy with a S5 gun with BS4 for just 10 points,even if he sucks at CC well he shouldn't be in there.i will be thinking alot about getting pathfinders in my list tho,depens how good they are

·
Registered
822 Posts
By now people have probaly seen the new Crissis Suits. Basicly, they're getting a new gun which I hear has rending but nothing confirmed about what that new gun does.

There should also be new Broadsides due to the fact that GW has stoped production of it's current ones.

·
Registered
419 Posts
svalene said:
that would be horibly overpowered.a guy with a S5 gun with BS4 for just 10 points,even if he sucks at CC well he shouldn't be in there.i will be thinking alot about getting pathfinders in my list tho,depens how good they are
Well perhaps they could reduce the cost per warrior by a point or so. As it is, it seems like firewarriors can never make up their point cost. It seems like the more experience a commander gets the fewer Firewarriors he uses.

What use is that damn S5 gun if we cant hit half the time. ><

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
since they are no longer producing certain tau models would it be worth it for it's collectors value to buy them or is there enouzgh of them that it won't be an issue?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Well, how much are old marine models worth? Not much.

Just like Magic the Gathering, or baseball cards, you should do it cuz you like it, not cuz you're trying to make money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am not interested in making money. i was just asking because i was wondering if it would be harder to get them in a couple months or a year or whatever so i would know if i should hurry to get them or if there was no rush.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Yeah, whatever. As mentioned earlier, though, I don't think they're changing the basic FW model though. I don't think they're changining much of anything besides steatlhs, just adding some stuff.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Chickenheart said:
i am not interested in making money. i was just asking because i was wondering if it would be harder to get them in a couple months or a year or whatever so i would know if i should hurry to get them or if there was no rush.
I predict you'll be able to find them on e-bay for at least a decade. Not to mention small game shops with low product turn over. My local store still has GW paint with the old-style screw tops.

·
With Oden On Our Side...
1,137 Posts
StevenSane said:
Well perhaps they could reduce the cost per warrior by a point or so. As it is, it seems like firewarriors can never make up their point cost. It seems like the more experience a commander gets the fewer Firewarriors he uses.

What use is that damn S5 gun if we cant hit half the time. ><
...No
...What he meant was it would be too good for such a small points cost.
So they would have to ADD points, not take them away.

And as of current, there is no plan for new Fire Warriors.

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Personnaly, the rules may not be all new, but I think we can expect new models, SM got new models for almost everything (Bikes are one of the older models AFAIK) but I'd wait till the new codex comes out or till GW releases official word, and I mean wait for ANYTHING. I think it's a better option to wait, and not be sorry about anything.

IMO

Mike

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
But what would they add to the new Fire warrior box? Possibly a few more accessories? I don't see much wrongness in the fire warriors box set though, not like theres much to complain about. Though for 35$ I guess you could argue for more bitz and cool stuff ^.^.

And as for oop tau, no its price will not go up, unless there is some new craze about the old look or such.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts