Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, im all new at this, i was wondering if you could please help me out

ive just started playing warhammer 40k with tyranids, and i have bought a 9 mm thick piece of mdf wood with intentions of building a battle feild on the top. What i was trying to achive is making sections about 6 sections of 1x1 that can be moved around as pieces to change the board layout. I know this mite sound confussing but its hard for me to explain it.

If anyone can help me achive this that would be fantasic.

Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
You might be better off making 6 2'x2' sections... it'll take less time to arrange the pieces as well as eliminating a measurement advantage for you and your opponent. 12" sections make it very obvious that someone is in range...

If you're going to use the MDF as your tabletiop, you could probably get away with just spraying it down with either normal spraypaint or textured stuff (you can get it at wal-mart or ac moore).

·
Registered
274 Posts
kidsyndrome said:
You might be better off making 6 2'x2' sections... it'll take less time to arrange the pieces as well as eliminating a measurement advantage for you and your opponent. 12" sections make it very obvious that someone is in range...
Yeah this is true. Even with the 24" sections you could still determine ranges, although not quite as easily. From experience, I have a similar type of board only mine is made out of 3 2'x4' pieces of particle board. When lined up together it makes a 6'x4' board, but it can "assist" players in making decisions because you can see the lines where the boards are divided so you kind of know how far away your enemy is.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 6x4 board made up out of a 4x4 piece of particle board, and a 2x4 piece of particle board. These are joined together so that they hinge, and they fold up against the wall. They take up virtually no space at all, and if you have the space, you can have another board underneath (I have a model railway underneath, but it hasn't been seen for 3 years)

If you want modular terrain blocks, you could do what GW were doing a lot a few years ago, making several 2x2 blocks of foam, with the scenery sculpted into it. This way you can have pits aswell as hills, which you can't do if you merely sprinkle flock onto some wood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts