Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just joined this forum as it looks like a good place for flame-less and easy going discussions.

In about half an hour I'm off into town, to hopefully find a new guard codex... (no GW stores on the isle of man where I live :huh: )

I have a few thoughts about a new cadian model based army, and I'd like to run them past anyone listening....

1) Theme for the army - tech guard. Doctrines probably including tech-priests, stormtroopers and carapace armour, haven't decided what else.

2) I have two russes, a demolisher and a basalisk which I'm going to repaint to fit the new scheme I pick. Do you think I should keep the bassie? I have a rough plan to transform it into a hellhound and a earthshaker platform, with a few bits added in. (my bassie never moved anyway) IS the new hellhound worth doing this to get one?

3) Heavy weapons. Anyone else planning to use the extra weapons and other bitz to customise "normal" guardsmen, to get as many HW's as possible out of that 20 pound box?

4) Colour scheme, if based on adeptus mechanicus stuff, how about red, black, white and grey? (will be careful not to make it look like the studio LATD tho!)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just thought i would let you know that theres a doctrine called "Cyber enhancement" which gives your guys 6+ invulnerable saves. I cant tell you exact description but i can tell you it was meant for Tech type themed armies. It costs 20 points a unit though, so I dont think its worth it but if you really want your army to have a strong Tech feel take it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i didnt no that u could buy gw products from the isle of man but anyaways i agree with warhawk get carapace armoure and the inv. save and hardened fighters, grenadiers, and hvy weapons as ur doctrine points. This will make ur force very nice, or u could use drop troops with powerfull assault weaponry. its up 2 u m8!

·
Registered
30 Posts
these are the doctrines id advise

tachpriest engineseer
cyber enhancements
carapace armor
storm troopers
grenadiers

biving the army a feeling of a heavy guard army with lots of equipment

and yes it is defintely worth it converting your basi into a hellhound or buying one because it improved a lot in the new codex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.