Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Im new and I just noticed the Introductions forum so i thought i'd use it :)

I've been painting for a few years now and i've collected and imperial guard army, a grey knights/space marine army and now im working on an ork army because i wanted and army with a lot of detail and a lot of different models (more fun to paint than the imperial guard army with all troops looking the same).
Im also staring out as a photographer so i will be posting some nice pics of my armies and conversions and stuff. If anyone has any questions on how to photograph your models feel free to ask me and i will gladly share my knowledge.
Here is a pic of my Painboy on bike conversion with a grot in a side seat. I posted more pics in the modeling section.

Attachments

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Hey Grandmaster bo, welcome to Librarium Online!

I don't drop by often, but we have very busy painting and modeling sections, I'm sure you'll have a blast over there, and high quality photos will certainly be appreciated.

Please make sure to have a good look at the rules if you haven't already, the painting/modeling mods are rather out there (something about beards and hazard stripes).

Enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the friendly welcome :)

Im not sure which rules you are refering to. Do you mean the "Golden Rules of Painting/Modelling" thread ?

·
Registered
821 Posts
where are you in belgium? I lived there for 3 years, played bunches of games, we might have played eachother :p

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in Antwerp. But i havent played the game a lot yet. I started out with paininting about 7 years ago when i was sick and couldnt leave the house for a long time. Then i stopped for a year and picked it back up. I've always been into painting and modeling the most and never felt like playing my army untill it was almost fully painted.
About 2 years ago a great GW store opened up in Antwerp though and i was welcomed there with open arms (unlike the other stores i used to go to). So since then i've been going there from time to time to play a game (or better yet: learn to play the game better).

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hello Grandmaster Bo! You chose Orks to challenge your painting skills? I was surprised, I just think 'sea of green' when I think Ork, but your picture is great! The muscles on the Ork's arms are wonderfully defined, and the whites subtly but well shaded, not easy to do! I'm kind of jealous, I've been wargaming for many years and can't paint like you can yet.

Well, hope to see you on the forums!
---Frankie

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments :) .. I've posted some more pics yesterday under "more of my badmoon army" if you wanna see

I'm using the Eavy Metal painting guide in White Dwarf 351 for my army. When i saw how they painted that Badmoon Warboss i instantly fell in love and went out to buy the black reach box set. I ended up cutting the warboss to pieces though cause i chose to get a warboss on a bike acompanied by some nobz on bikes and i needed a cool PK arm for one of the nobz. I'm almost finished with this one and he looks like he is about to grab someone while driving his bike and leaning to the side to reach out ... stay tuned for pics on that soon :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts