Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that ArmyBuilder has become the defacto standard for building "accurate"* army lists.

*Accurate being a relative term...

However, GamesWorkshop has released their own creation. Has anyone bought it? Seen it? Used it? Is it worth $30?

I look forward to hearing what you know about it.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
217 Posts
I own both Enemies of the IMp and Armies of the imp. I like them very much. there are a few bugs at the time but im sure they will clear those up soon. I love not having to have my codex with me just to make an army list like i had to do when using armybuilder. The Roster Sheet Layout is alot better than army builders IMO.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
actually i hate it. i dont like the layout of the screen wen building yur army. it doesnt even have my army in it. also the printouts are so confusing. instead of just telling u how many are in a unit, they use a seperate line for every guy so it looks like this:

Necron Warrior
Necron Warrior
etc..

instead of just

Necron Warrior 10

i refuse to buy it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
heh then i look like a jackass then dont i :( lol when i used it at ym frineds i didnt see andything like that, so i guess im wrong. but it still doesnt even have my army in it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
hehe.... Which army? it doesnt have kroot mercs, white scars, cursed foundings, or the eye of terror( whats funny is the fact that they have the new gaurd rules but not the eye of terror) stuff but i think it has everything else... well that i can remember. I am hoping when they get the updates part on site it will include the missing pieces.

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess a followup question would be, (and some of this has already been answered above) if you don't like it, why not?

- buggy? (bad excuse, but, it is version 1.0...)
- bad interface? (it seems that the interface can be modified?)
- different than what you're used to?

How does it compare to ArmyBuilder (I've used neither of them)

As for omitting Eye of Terror, since it is over, there really isn't any reason to build armies for it. Besides, EoT or not, the EoT army list was a transitional thing between the old codex and the new.

Thanks for the input.

Jon

·
418 Posts
i wanna get it too, but my mom (hey! no momma's boy jokes! i'm 13 dammit) thinks WH40K is a waste of time and money. But i love it, the game is okay, the models are AWESOME.
i gotta ask, is it a computer program that works like basically and sheet of paper pencil, eraser, and calculator (+a codex? that would be awesome) i do it the oldfashioned way (the error ful way)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i just like army bilder ten times better. it is easier to use, and to operate. ulthwe striek force isnt in there because its in the eye of terror

and jon there is a point to using the eye of terror armies. they are still legal and will always be legal even when the eye of terror is completley over.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I like the programs because IMO they are easier to use than army builder. They include the full rules for all items and special rules for units. The roster layout is 100 times better than the armybuilder one. well thats my opinion. Does anyone want some pics of the program in use? like screenshots.

·
Registered
131 Posts
im getting the impression its preety good.

Does the Enemies of the Imperium come with Speed Freaks?

and Warhawk, could u pm me a couple screens? mayeb proof of Speed Freak lists if u hae Enemies?

·
Registered
260 Posts
it sounds rlly good i wouldnt mind getting it even though ive practicly memorised all the codexes i use and normaly do my lists rite out of my head (super helpfull when your in class studying)

·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@WarHawks

Yes, screenshots would be welcome.

Jon

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't exactly understand, what are the Interactive Army Lists? Are they army builders (sounds like it)? Are they CD-based fully-fledged Codexes? Can anyone tell me?

·
Registered
217 Posts
The IALs are army builder programs made by GW. There are Two, one with the imperium armies and another with the other armies.

PS still cant get my paint type program working.... Im having a freind take a look, as soon as it works ill post pics of the IAL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I've been using AB for a long time and I've tried IAL and IMO it is nowhere near AB. Don't forget AB is set up not to just do GW stuff and not just 40k like IAL.
How quick will IAL updates be will you have to pay for them at the moment it is full of bugs so why was it released so early. Don't forget the AB data files are all done by volunteers who do it all in their own time. Will GW be so generous?? I think not. They released a product by their own staff's admission that is not yet ready it doesn't even have all the current armies in it so who has the privilege of paying for bugtesting us and when the new improved version comes out who will pay for it again us. Been down this road to many times with GW look at their paint pots I have old flip top ones still have good paint in them while most of the screw top ones have dried up even unopened brand new. They should stick to what they are best at making the figures and supporting what is out there without trying to put a finger in every possible pie.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.