Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
That's the first time I've seen these guys. They look very cool indeed. Might have to get hold of some of them when they come out. Too bad they are metal though...

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
They are metal, but they will only be available for a limited period of time. They are made especially for the upcoming campaign. GW have done this before with the Praetorians (and I think also the Tallarns?).

They are not replacing the plastic Cadians so don't wory about that. :)

·
706 Posts
i didnt think that they would replace the cadians, i just thought maybe GW would wizen up and make a whole range of different types of IG plastic models. you know, plastic mordians, tallarn, valhallan, death korps. you know, so there isnt just cadian and catachan armies! having a metal IG army is too damn expensive!

·
Registered
44 Posts
these guys would be a nice addition to a witch hunter army and use them as inducted troops...
that would fit in the theme... at least i think

i like that lasguns...

to bad they arent plastic, so if you would build an army with these guys, most will look the same....

I wish GW took the time to make IG plastics, but noooOooo :(

·
Monkey Pirate
452 Posts
mmm i think im going to have to burn a whole in my pocket once those come out, two or three squads would do nicely.... im found of the heavy weapons and the vox caster and officers those are nice to

·
Registered
78 Posts
Personally I don't like 'em, although they look good I like my Guardsmen to look World War 2, modern or futuristic. These look like they got some napolonic wars theme going. I just can't see these guys next to a Leman Russ or any tanks for that matter! I wonder if they're supposed to be a regiment of pure infantry?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like ‘em! Very Russo-Napoleonic, but with a dark and grim slant. Cool!

It would be great if they were plastic but am going to have to agree with BobaHat, by their limited poses, that they’re going to be metal is a good guess.

Good point about whether they’d look good along side any tanks… I think they’d go well with cavalry though.

Definitely on my “To Buy� list.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think they're a pretty cool regiment. I will definately keep my out for a couple boxes of them. They're very "steampunk", which is pretty cool. It's nice to see GW get a little creative. It reminds me of GW back in the rogue trader days when the minis had personality. I really like the rifles and the protective-masks. The casualties are pretty neat, too.

Reactions: ^Heavy Support^

·
Registered
326 Posts
These models do look very nice... the thought of starting a second Guard army however is a little off putting. Not to mention that this army would be HEAVY! (aka metal) I do really like them however so a box or two will probably find their way into my possession. Not a fan of the old style flamer however.

I believe that the release date is around May-June as part of the cityfight release.

·
Registered
283 Posts
While I heartily enjoy just how different these models are, I don't think they look all that great. I would say they look "neat".

One thing that encourages me is that the upcoming campaign in which they will likely be released is a cityfight campaign. Perhaps mortars will not be useless in the new cityfight??? An exciting concept indeed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wouldn't mind betting, that this will be a army box set very much like the old 'pretorians' (spelling) in that you in one box set will get 2 squads of 10 men, a command squad as some other little bits , perhaps that bottom pick, i recon about 70-80 quid easy if GW continue with there high prices we have all learnt to love and accept

Cheers

Kaldo

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think they should be released near june, with the new citifight campaign.

They are going to be metal, price no idea, but presumably usual metal squad price.

·
Registered
78 Posts
bulldoglopez said:
I think they're a pretty cool regiment. I will definately keep my out for a couple boxes of them. They're very "steampunk", which is pretty cool. It's nice to see GW get a little creative. It reminds me of GW back in the rogue trader days when the minis had personality. I really like the rifles and the protective-masks. The casualties are pretty neat, too.
Yes Steampunk is right. I wonder if GW will make any Steampunk looking versions of Leman Russes for them?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts