Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting my first guard army, and decided to start with a mechanized core. Camo netting is a point sink on the CCS chimera as is the medipack in the company command squad. The operating theory behind the list is to shoot up the opponents while being (hopefully) mobile enough to stay out of CC. The heavy weapon teams are for instance where holding objectives is required or I lose a transport. I chose meltas for the cheap vehicle eating capability, and dealing with pesky special characters. I'd appreciate any feedback.

HQ - 170

CCS
medipack
3x grenade launcher
chimera
camo netting

Troops - 330

Veteran Squad
3x meltagun
veteran weapons team w/ autocannon
chimera

Veteran Squad
3x meltagun
veteran weapons team w/ autocannon
chimera

·
Registered
230 Posts
Personally, since marbo is an absolute beast in 500 pts, I would take the medi-pack, camo netting, and autocannons out and put Marbo in, and then give the CCS its 4th G-launcher. Since meltas are so short ranged you will probably be moving forward anyway.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally, since marbo is an absolute beast in 500 pts, I would take the medi-pack, camo netting, and autocannons out and put Marbo in, and then give the CCS its 4th G-launcher. Since meltas are so short ranged you will probably be moving forward anyway.
I hadn't considered Marbo, but he looks like a very hit or miss choice. I can't argue with his point cost though. I would be very amused if I managed an opponent panic with him. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts